Zip
    Joe Dirt Status

150mm fork on a 575

Has anyone experienced any geometry problems running a 150mm front fork on a 575?

How does it handle climbing/downhill?

I am eyeing a 575 and want to instal at '06 Marzocchi AM1.

Thanks

Zip
    Joe Dirt Status
    sorry for the duplicate post.My computer hiccccupped!!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I currently run a 140mm Pike and it is fine... I suppose you need to shift your weight a little more forward on climbs with the 150mm, but shouldn't be an issue. The Enduro Pro kit comes comes with the 160mm Fox 36, so I would suppose it's fine .

I am sure others will drop in and give more info
    Last edited by crisillo; 11-12-2006 at 04:57 AM.

stay thirsty, my friends
    I also have a Pike and it's great. I made sure to get the U-Turn version though. Dialing it down to 110 is great for the climbs. I didn't know they had an option for the Fox 36! My friend and I were joking about putting his 36 on my Yeti today, lol. Ya learn something new everyday . . .
    "With that said, until you have done a STR group ride- YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!"
    - dino brown

mtbr member
    I'd do it. You can always modify the front geometry with a flat bar, no stem rise and no spacers....but I doubt if it's a problem. I assume you're looking mainly to enhance downhill performance?

Zip
    Joe Dirt Status
    Thanks everyone!

Rich

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Zip
    Has anyone experienced any geometry problems running a 150mm front fork on a 575?

Thanks
    I would say 90% of the XC riders would hate a 575 w/ a 541mm ac fork. It would flop the head angle to like 67 degrees, making the bike a bit unresponsive on tight twisty single track and climbing more of a bear.

I myself am in the other 10% and don't mind the slack head angle but your fork has TAS and you can steepen the head angle if you need to.

Livin' the Dream
    I hope it isn't a problem b/c I have an '06 Z1 SL on the way for mine. After looking at 10mm on a ruler, it's hard to say a Fox 32 would work great at 140, but a 150 wouldn't. As Ratt said though, you can always adjust the travel down. I

Team BikeWood

I've got an 05 AM1 on mine and it's perfect.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zip

Thanks
    I originally had a Fox Talas but the bike seemed to be craving a little taller fork with a little more travel. AM1 has been perfect. Even in the 130 mm setting it's ~25 mm taller than the 130 mm Talas. I usually run it at 130 for everyday / xc oriented riding and increase the travel to 150 mm when I know I'll be doing alot of descending. The Yeti site gives the geometry specs for both a 130 and 150 mm fork. Get the AM1 and have the best of both worlds.