Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    823

    09 575 rear tire clearance

    I have an 09 575 and currently run a 2.195 kenda nevegal on the rear. Time to change tires..

    considering Ardent 2.2 or Hans Dampf 2.35 anyone have any clearance issues with these on a set of Crossmax ST's?

  2. #2
    Long live the ASR-7
    Reputation: Doba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    267
    2.35 is max tire size. I'm running a Nevegal in that size and there is no room to go bigger.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    121
    I am currently running a 2.25 Ardent on my '09 575 carbon. There is a little clearance, but not much. I have not had the tire hit the rear triangle at all.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike87 View Post
    I am currently running a 2.25 Ardent on my '09 575 carbon. There is a little clearance, but not much. I have not had the tire hit the rear triangle at all.
    mike how do you like that tire combo? i hear the 2.4 is better. Are u running 2.4 up front?

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    mike how do you like that tire combo? i hear the 2.4 is better. Are u running 2.4 up front?
    I am running the DHF 2.5 up front. The combo is good. The rear could use a litte more grip. I am still trying to find the sweet spot for rear tire pressure, but overall it is the best combination I have run so far.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike87 View Post
    I am running the DHF 2.5 up front. The combo is good. The rear could use a litte more grip. I am still trying to find the sweet spot for rear tire pressure, but overall it is the best combination I have run so far.
    When you say DHF are you referring to the Minion? I'm using the DHF 2.35 Super Tacky on the rear. No clearance issues ('09 frame, Crossmax rims) and Initial impression is that it is a great tire for roots and rocks. May be a little slow, but seems to grip very well.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    When you say DHF are you referring to the Minion? I'm using the DHF 2.35 Super Tacky on the rear. No clearance issues ('09 frame, Crossmax rims) and Initial impression is that it is a great tire for roots and rocks. May be a little slow, but seems to grip very well.
    Yes, the Minion DHF.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •