Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Yeti is recruiting for AS-R Carbon XC Team

Yeti Cycles is looking for xc riders/racers of all levels for the AS-R Carbon XC Team. This team will have access to below pro-deal pricing on the Yeti AS-R C. The goal is to showcase the racing prowess and versatility of the Yeti AS-R C. team members will also receive pro team management and deals on other cycling products.Contact Yeti AS-R C Team Manager if interested
    Nick Ramey- Yeti AS-R C Team Manager
    rameynick@gmail.com

mtbr member
    It appears you're not so familiar with MTBR. Perhaps try this in another thread...like the Yeti Cycles thread?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtncampbell View Post
    It appears you're not so familiar with MTBR. Perhaps try this in another thread...like the Yeti Cycles thread?
    The XC Racing and Training forum seems like an appropriate place to me... you know, since he's looking for XC racers and all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kherron View Post
    The XC Racing and Training forum seems like an appropriate place to me... you know, since he's looking for XC racers and all.
    Well hop on in there then, dude...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yes, that would seem to make more sense. I have looked through the Yeti Cycles thread. Mostly folks talking about more all mountain bikes. Yeti definitely dominates in that category- but I'm focusing exclusively on the XC racer/rider so I thought this thread made more sense.

mtbr member
    Obviously your call - I saw you posted somewhere else recently (don't remember where) and didn't have any response. Perhaps Colorado/Front Range? I don't know...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Obviously your call - I saw you posted somewhere else recently (don't remember where) and didn't have any response. Perhaps Colorado/Front Range? I don't know...
    Yep- That would be a good one as well. Thanks! I have received some great response but people are mostly sending me emails directly, which is perfect. Either way, thank you for the suggestions.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    just throwing this out there... but it seems people are usually trying to find their race bike for the next race season much earlier in the year than Q2.

since we have been racing for a month at this point (so cal) most people had to have their bikes in February at the latest.

good luck on the new team/squad! hope to see some guys on your bikes at the races. the AS-R C is a pretty sweet rig!
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by whybotherme View Post
    just throwing this out there... but it seems people are usually trying to find their race bike for the next race season much earlier in the year than Q2.

since we have been racing for a month at this point (so cal) most people had to have their bikes in February at the latest.
    good luck on the new team/squad! hope to see some guys on your bikes at the races. the AS-R C is a pretty sweet rig!
    Hey, thanks! Yep- I couldn't agree with you more. I would have loved to get this going sooner especially for you SoCal guys! That said, the team is growing faster than I can keep up with. Out here (CO) the season really gets rolling in June. Thanks for the kind words on the AS-R C. She is a very sweet rig. Have a great season!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    personally i wouldn't ride a yeti for free, that co. lost it's soul a long time ago....like at change of ownership. how's your affiliation with metler? there's a thread going on about how he ripped off a ton of customers, I know you were close, and called you out years ago as to the type of co's you were. seems people on these forums are slow, took years for nino to finally be brought out in the open, again i had been saying it for a long time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    personally i wouldn't ride a yeti for free, that co. lost it's soul a long time ago....like at change of ownership. how's your affiliation with metler? there's a thread going on about how he ripped off a ton of customers, I know you were close, and called you out years ago as to the type of co's you were. seems people on these forums are slow, took years for nino to finally be brought out in the open, again i had been saying it for a long time.
    I remember good old Larry Mettler, a big Yeti fan and vice versa, seems to me Yeti's new boy in charge Conroy and Mettler were buds. Good affiliation, a known thief, speaks volumes...

There was also a thread on mtbr about a Yeti employee giving free pushes near the top of a climb at a XC race in Colorado to female Pro Yeti riders (and only female Pro Yeti riders). A great company all around, and I use that term sarcastically...

It wouldn't surprise me if Conroy was harboring Mettler at his home on the range...

mtbr member

??

Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate View Post

There was also a thread on mtbr about a Yeti employee giving free pushes near the top of a climb at a XC race in Colorado to female Pro Yeti riders (and only female Pro Yeti riders). A great company all around, and I use that term sarcastically...
    That's a great arguement... and an employee of Kellogg's is probably beating his wife somewhere, but I'll still have cereal in the morning.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rubystreet View Post
    That's a great arguement... and an employee of Kellogg's is probably beating his wife somewhere, but I'll still have cereal in the morning.
    yeti has a couple of employees, more like a family. an employee of kelloggs would be just a number they are so large.....get it? you probably wax on about specialized too...read up on their business practices, all their product is a ripoff of someone elses then they try to bury the smaller co. tried it with stan's as one example and why i wouldn't ride a specy if given to me either. sinyard is a real piece of work. he tried to sue that disc brake rd bike co. because of how the top tube looked.....now go look at their new electric bike.....a complete ripoff of an orbea alma top tube, i hope orbea sues that tool over it.

mtbr member
    I don't understand all the negativity.

A potential sponsor comes here and let's it be known that they're looking for athletes to support in return for some good visibility and this is the reception they get...
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    yeti has a couple of employees, more like a family. an employee of kelloggs would be just a number they are so large.....get it? you probably wax on about specialized too...read up on their business practices, all their product is a ripoff of someone elses then they try to bury the smaller co. tried it with stan's as one example and why i wouldn't ride a specy if given to me either. sinyard is a real piece of work. he tried to sue that disc brake rd bike co. because of how the top tube looked.....now go look at their new electric bike.....a complete ripoff of an orbea alma top tube, i hope orbea sues that tool over it.
    Hey man, I'm with ya here. I may have missed my point with my comment. I was trying to express that the actions of an individual while not working, shouldn't really reflect on his employer. More specifically, the whole bike pushing incident really has zero to do with how I view Yeti.

I think this team would be a great way for a racer to get a good deal on a great race bike. The trade-off is a little exposure for the ASR-C, just like everyone else here does for their own sponsors. In the last ten years I've owned 2 asr's, 2 575's and an ASR5C.

Yeti's involvement with the Mountain States Cup and the new Big Mountain Enduro Series benefits all of us, regardless of what it says on your downtube.

Edit: and to not sound all fanboy on ya, I'm racing a SC Highball this year.... and I wouldn't buy a Spec either.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos View Post

A potential sponsor comes here and let's it be known that they're looking for athletes to support in return for some good visibility and this is the reception they get...
    THIS. For some racers this opportunity could make their whole year.

There are horrible people in most businesses (and our gubment), they usually make the biggest paychecks. Don't have to like it, but it is fact.
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whybotherme View Post
    THIS. For some racers this opportunity could make their whole year.

There are horrible people in most businesses (and our gubment), they usually make the biggest paychecks. Don't have to like it, but it is fact.
    Well said.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006

Good job!

i don't understand all the negativity.

word

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Perhaps people have reasons for disliking Yeti, they couldn't pay me to ride their bikes. I'd consider using one as a urinal though...

Right back at ya, Conroy!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

How are they 'supporting' the athlete? So far, we know the starving local fast girl/guy gets to spend thousands at Yeti.

-Is there a list of events the rider must attend? Is there travel reimbursement?
    -Is there placing/UCI ranking payout?
    -Any other ways Yeti is providing payout to their 'sponsored' riders?

C'mon Yeti dude, give us the program details. How does the program help the starving regional fast guy?

Whybotherme, how would spending thousands at Yeti help a racer?
    Last edited by asphalt_jesus; 04-04-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Registered Dietitian
    Quote Originally Posted by asphalt_jesus View Post
    How are they 'supporting' the athlete? So far, we know the starving local fast girl/guy gets to spend thousands at Yeti.

-Is there a list of events the rider must attend? Is there travel reimbursement?

C'mon Yeti dude, give us the program details. How does the program help the starving regional fast guy?

I'm starting to wonder if peabody, messagefromtate, and asphalt_jesus are all the same guy. No way that 3 different people could be that annoying.
    Registered Dietitian, Cycling Coach, E3: Elite Human Performance

www.e3ehp.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    i don't have any details on this deal. i simply suggested it could make someone's year. i also don't know the back story that has led to several people trashing this deal.

just for perspective... my wife and i have worked for years cultivating the few sponsors that provide support for our racing adventures. a deal like this could help someone get started down a similar path.

i am not interested in the Yeti deal and have no horse in that race. good luck to those seeking sponsorship!
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    I wonder if Yeti would be down to sponsor a mediocre cat 2 rider?
    Get it unlocked.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrod74 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if peabody, messagefromtate, and asphalt_jesus are all the same guy. No way that 3 different people could be that annoying.
    lol no relation to the others, maybe we're just people that can think for ourselves?
    the fact you ride for the "29er" crew speaks volumes about you though, about what i'd expect. funny that most people can't handle hearing the truth and think everybody is great and all is rosey.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Hi There- I'm happy to give you all the details of the program. Shoot me an email and I will let you know. It doesn't sound like you're a fan of the program (or many programs) but I'm more than happy to have a conversation about it. This is a GREAT deal for some people- maybe not for others. I will say that it's not as much (or at all) about podium appearances as it is about solid brand representation, building the riding/racing community, and showcasing the versatility of the AS-R Carbon. I'm certainly not one to get in a heated battle (forum-style) but I'm happy to have an honest one-on-one w/everyone and anyone who wants to get all the details. Like I said, doesn't work for everyone, but it is (and already has been) a great opportunity for many great riders/racers I've spoken to. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast