mtbr member

Listen! XC Fully choice-need help !!!

Hello to all i need help to choose XC Fully Bike up to a maximum price 1500usd or 1100euro,nevertheless 26 or 29 wheels i have found a trek top fuel 9.7 carbon for 1500usd/1100 but I do not know is it a good choose to buy plese help with some proposals of bikes and tips thx...

mtbr member
    Unless you want a bike that weighs as much as a tank (assuming you don't want that since this is the XC race forum), for a $1500 FS bike, you should be looking in the used market. Why are you interested in a FS bike anyway? You are going to end up with a lighter bike with better components in that price range with a HT.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29ger View Post
    Unless you want a bike that weighs as much as a tank (assuming you don't want that since this is the XC race forum), for a $1500 FS bike, you should be looking in the used market. Why are you interested in a FS bike anyway? You are going to end up with a lighter bike with better components in that price range with a HT.
    This ^^^^

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Go used. You always have the people who are strapped for cash and will deal. Plus most will let you take it out on a trail to test drive.

mtbr member
    I have ht bike and i do not like it + I Will use this bike if i buy it : 2011 Top Fuel 9.7 - Bike Archive - Trek Bicycle for 40% xc championship race in my country and 60% riding with friends up to all mountains but nothing too technical or with big drops, I'm not sure is there a another FS bike that is bether then this trek top fuel 9.7 carbon and cheaper,so that is my general question ?

+ i have 1500usd or 1100euro to buy bike and thx for all answers respect

mtbr member
    Yes, a top fuel would make a good choice for xc racing. Not sure on the all mountain though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    a fuel is beefy enough to use for AM, i have a couple of friends who have had no problems racing them in local enduros and just general riding around on some rather gnarly trails

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    For a carbon Top Fuel with SLX, that is a good deal. It should meet your needs with aplomb. Enjoy the New Year on a new bike.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

mtbr member
    thx all for help,tomorrow is test drive of bike and possible buying