[paste title here]

Warrior Society Sundown Sprint Series Race Recap [o]

What a great race I did today. Held in the OC at the Blackstar RV Park, it was the 2nd of the Warrior Society Shimano Sundown Sprint Series. The course was about 4 miles and it was a sprint to the finish. There were lots of fireroad climbs and it was getting packed down from the previous race. There was one hike-a-bike section which was very loose. There was one downhill called Warrior's Hill which was a very steep and tight switchback. Most of the time I was behind my seat holding on for dear life. But I managed except for one tight turn where I had to dismount and run down to the flatter spot. The rest was more fireroad climbs and it ended with a doubletrack downhill. One spot was particularly loose where I ate it and came out with some minor scratches. I finished with a time of 37.17, 6th place (last) in the Open Men 18-35. Afterwards there was pasta and drinks for the racers. The event went on unitll about 9:00 and it was fun. There will be one last race on July 14 and Im probably going to finish up the series.

So one question: Should I move down from Open Men 18-35 cat to the Novice Men 15-18 for the next race. It seems like my time is comparable to those of the novice riders. Keep in mind im just starting sport and on most races I am in the Jr sport 17-18 class. Im not used to riding with the faster guys. The fastest time was 24 min in my class. Maybe im just trying to sandbag the class.

Some shots:

Getting ready before the race

Lining up

Finished!
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

mtbr member
    I saw you there. Dude, you happened to be racing in a class with some of OC's fastest (semipro) racers. Even the 18-35 novice class had a couple of fast times (sandbaggers). Be proud of your finishing time, it's good. If you're hungry for a podium spot, change classes. Otherwise, who cares, just go out again and do your best, try to better your own record.

This series is a blast! The racing is torture for 30 minutes, then we party. I had a great time.

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by SScheetz
    I saw you there. Dude, you happened to be racing in a class with some of OC's fastest (semipro) racers. Even the 18-35 novice class had a couple of fast times (sandbaggers). Be proud of your finishing time, it's good. If you're hungry for a podium spot, change classes. Otherwise, who cares, just go out again and do your best, try to better your own record.

This series is a blast! The racing is torture for 30 minutes, then we party. I had a great time.
    Yeah thanks. Ill probably just stay in the class. Ill probably be racing with them next year when im 19 anyways. Were you the one with the 24 min SS time? That was fast!
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

[paste title here]
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    mtnbikerdude87,

Good seeing you on the hike-a-bike, which of course means you are in my video. Around the 2:29 and 2:56 marks.

My race recap and video can be found on the Fooriders site.

Take care,

Winston
    Yeah great vid again! You going to be out at the last race?
    Keep Pedaling

Bruin Cycling

Just another FOCer
    mtnbikerdude87,

Good seeing you on the hike-a-bike, which of course means you are in my video. Around the 2:29 and 2:56 marks.

My race recap and video can be found on the Fooriders site.

Take care,

Winston

"I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

Just another FOCer
    Undecided...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude87
    Yeah great vid again! You going to be out at the last race?
    "I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude87
    Yeah thanks. Ill probably just stay in the class. Ill probably be racing with them next year when im 19 anyways. Were you the one with the 24 min SS time? That was fast!
    Ahhhh no. That guy rocks! My time was only 29:10. But that's almost a minute faster than my first race, so I'm cool with it.

You have a great attitude, stay in class and know your competition. You're doing great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Undecided...lol.
    That's a great vid! Thanks for posting it. Very cool.