mtbr member

TRX Suspension Trainer

I just read a short review about the TRX Suspension trainer in Mountain Bike action. It looks like it may be a good for mountain bike specific strength training. Has anyone used them?

Ride, Sleep, Work
    I have used one for the past six months. I have not found any thing cycling specific exercises, but it really works your entire body. I bought one to use @ my personal training business and bought another just for my own use. IT ROCKS!
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

mtbr member
    I ordered the TRX military version that includes a DVD training program aimed at core strength and injury prevention. The training program consists of two workouts with the straps four times a week. One work out is mostly lower body and the other upper body. I changed up the cardio program and basically ride the trainer instead of running. I have to agree with MichaelW, it rocks. I have been lifting weights three times a week during the winter so I thought I could skip to week five in the program. It kicked my butt. After three weeks of usage I have noticed my leg muscles feel much more balanced. This seems to help with the sore knees I normally get from riding the trainer. This is probably due to the fact that the TRX workouts stretch and warm up my muscles prior to getting on the trainer. I'm looking forward to getting back on the trail after the snow melts to see if it makes a difference.

mtbr member
    Ive used the TRX several times and find it does help to build your core muscles, which is alot more important in cycling than just trying to get a beach build.