Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trek World Racing drops XC team

7K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  briscoelab 
#1 ·
Clicky -> Trek World Racing discontinues cross country race program for 2013

So this seems like kind of a big deal. The Flueckiger brothers are a big deal, they were 2nd and 3rd at Worlds 2012. The story says Trek will continue to support XC via a separate Trek Cross Country Program. Will this affect the Subaru-Trek team? Anyone with inside info? Blame it on Lance?

#6 ·
I would think they would have to keep the brothers on board. They need someone to show off those Superfly SLs! Plus they've got some up and coming riders on treks (Sam Schultz, Anton Cooper [junior world champ]) so I cant see them throwing the whole program down the drain when it looks that promising...but we'll see.

#11 ·
#17 ·
Omega Pharma was most likely going to give Jarda an opportunity on the tarmac, but things seem to have cooled down a littlle, for the czech's disappointment.
But I agree, Specialized must not be very motivated to get Jarda way to go to the road, as their team would be very affected if he leaves.
Stander is young and talented, but is not the steam roller Kulhavy can be if motivated enough.
Sauser is "out", apart from long distance races.
Wells is very irregular, and not that young.
And the japanese is still to see.
They have to be willing to let time go by and hope for Jarda to change his mind.

#25 ·
Hmm, I thought the article was rather clear
"With the Trek World Racing team focusing on gravity, Trek will continue to support cross country racing at the highest levels with a separate Trek Cross Country Program under the management of Jon Rourke, who is the current Team Director of the Subaru-Trek program."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.