mtbr member

Training Spreadsheet and Guide to Annual Training Plan

As I do every year, on my website you can find the excel training spreadsheet free to download (right sidebar under race day checklist)

I also have pages dedicated to just setting up your annual training plan (see menu bar). These pages are based off of Friel Training Bibles and Hunter Allen Training and Racing with Power.

The site is designed as my own racing/training resource site, but I love helping my fellow racers.

Site: www.guppiesworld.com

Good Luck.

ou can download the spreadsheet straight from HERE, assuming I did it right.

Always pushing harder!!!
    I got this last year from your link and its very useful...thanks man!!! I also use Friel and have already started training...my season starts in February...

mtbr member
    Glad I could help. Utilizing that spreadsheet took my racing to a whole new level. I've since moved on to training peaks and their coaching, but only because I was tackling an Ironman. Structuring a training plan for that was well beyond me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppie58 View Post
    HERE[/URL], assuming I did it right.
    I can't get it to open.

It loads as a file with a .RAR suffix so it won't open in excel.

Any ideas?

I'd rather be riding
    Mine downloaded as a zip and I just extracted it using 7zip. Worked fine. Now I just have to find my friel book.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zippinveedub View Post
    Mine downloaded as a zip and I just extracted it using 7zip. Worked fine. Now I just have to find my friel book.
    Yep, that's all it was.

thanks

I'd rather be riding
    So I'm setting all this up for the first time. I just filled out my year plan and I don't need to start base until January. Should I just do base for now or fun rides?

Always pushing harder!!!
    When did you stopped racing/riding/training?

I'd rather be riding
    Last mtb race was the end of last month. Still riding about 4 hours a week (I'm setting up for the 250hr plan next year), just mostly enjoying local trails and playing on the cross bike some (I did one cx race at the start of the month).

mtbr member
    My training has technically started last week, although I don't have anything in my annual training plan to follow. I sort of do that on purpose. I leave it blank and then decide what I feel like doing. Kind of a way to baby step back into full training. Next week it gets real.

I suggest you do the same thing. Get some easy saddle time. Enjoy the outdoors. If you can, do other cardio workouts (running or swimming). But don't look at training as an obligation right now. There's plenty of time for that when January hits.

Good luck. Hope the spreadsheet helped.