Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Training Peaks Pre-Built Training Plans

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  schwing_ding 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the Training Peaks Pre-Built Training Plans? How do those compare to what you would develop on your own using Friel's or Morris?
Thanks!

#2 ·
ingluis said:
Has anyone used the Training Peaks Pre-Built Training Plans? How do those compare to what you would develop on your own using Friel's or Morris?
Thanks!
I think they are a great idea for someone new to training who wants a specifc plan to follow. They seem good in that they offer several options depending on the type of event you are going for. With Friel, Morris you have to take their 'template' and make it specific to your event which can be difficult if you don't have a lot of experience under your belt with regards to training.

Personally I like the Morris plan for it's time efficiency.

But if I was just starting out, or if I was getting into something totally new like a solo 12hr or 24hr race, I'd look into some of those plans to see how they've made them specific to those events.

I will say this that for me personally, there was nothing better than to receive a calendar in a mail from a coach that I could just put my head down and follow. No second guessing. A huge weight off my shoulders, and I trained a lot better than If I'd made my own plan.

It depends a lot on your personality, and a lot of how well you know your body and its recovery.

#3 ·
Look at the web site for Training Peaks, check under their story or about or something like that. I remember finding Joel's name all over. I believe he, his son, and a third party partnered up with someone who had the tech skills to develop Training Peaks. i.e. I believe they created many of the workouts, so it should match quite well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.