mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Top mounted suspension?

I'm trying to find a FS for next season to replace my Kula HT, and while looking for a new Kona (I know...I've been hitting the Kona Kool-aid hard) I came across this Pronghorn frame. It looks a little pricey, but is what really caught my eye was the design. It looked like it might be an interesting ride and I was curious if anyone had heard anything about these frames...I'm sure the top mount has its perks, but it certainly looks a little intimidating if you ask me.

Giant Anthem
    Looks like a intriguing design-never seen anything like it. The shock would stay a lot cleaner mounted up top! If it were me I would wait until this design proves itself before buying, although it looks like you can return it if you don't like it.
    Racing and Training Blog
    http://dirtandgears.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'm from denmark and the design has proved itself here. The national series had several bikes build on this fram in the top 10. It's a well respected frame her, and I think it's really good, light and stiff but the geo is an bit quick for me...

-Jeppe

ups and downs
    Let's face it, standover is standover, if you've come off the pedals and saddle you won't be making the suspension move anyway, so the shock won't hammer your 'nads any worse than the top tube.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada