mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Titus Racer X vs Titus Motolite vs Yeti AS-R SL

Hello Everyone--

After weeks of research (and reading a LOT of these forums) I've narrowed my dilemma to the following three choices: Titus X (or Racer X...still a lot out there), Titus Motolite, or the Yeti AS-R SL. I've been able to test ride the Titus X, but that's the only one so far. The rest I may just have to buy on faith....and your recommendations!

My stats: 5'-7' and 180 pounds; need a small frame size. I'm not a racer (obviously) but I do like to go as fast as I can. I currently have a GT Force 3.0, but find it clunky and a bit too "all mountinish" for my taste. I live in north Texas (Fort Worth) and we don't have any "big" drops, uncovered ski slopes, or miles of downhill runs, nor do I travel anywhere where there are such terrifyingly fun runs. We have rocky, rooty, and some twisty runs through wooded areas of state parks or other similar designated public lands. Some of the trails are very rocky and very steep, so to have any fun a dual suspension is mandatory.

Would prefer the Yeti because it's lighter and a full carbon rear triangle, (and I think it looks way cool), but obviously the other choices are good ones too........SEE....that's my problem! I've read many of the product reviews and threads and this posting may just be another verse of the same 'ol song, but I do value your input and suggestions. So let me have 'em.....!

Cheers,
    Kyle

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Don't buy the Motolite--not because its not a great bike, but because of the leverage ratios!

On the small Motolite frame, they use a small stroke shock which doesn't perform as well as the larger frames (with a longer stroke shock).