mtbr member

Times are tough all over...

What equpment are you spending money on, or are you cutting back at all?
    I've decided that instead of a new frame this year, my Inbred 29er is going to be my "go to" bike.
    Some new Eggbeaters and maybe Elixers, and I'm off.

What is everybody's plans?

mtbr member
    As a college graduate (in a week and a half) next years bike plans hinge on my job search. If I find employment shortly I'd like to put an F29 on my Jabberwocky for next season.

If I hit the jackpot and get a good job, maybe a new bike.

bi-winning
    I got a new fork and a warranty replacement frame in the fall. No big investments currently planned.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I spent more on bike stuff so far this winter than I have in over 5 years. Mostly because of deals that just couldnt be passed up though. Got myself a Scott Scale 20 for a race rig, and updating my older s-works epic. My business has been up this past year though..... go figure

mtbr member
    I'll need a new racing frame come the spring. It'll be secondhand, as will a set of forks. Parts will be cast offs from other bikes from richer times. Barring breakages, the only new gear I intend buying nest season will be tyres and gear cables. Money's definitely tight this year, but once you have your health, what else matters really.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I bought a new Felt nine frame and moved everything over from my Mamasita which I plan on selling. For an XL, the tt was too short for me. Luckily, that should be my only major purchase unless I go with a new fork.

AZ
    banned
    I'm going to buy one bike and a spare set of wheels , thats it .

CB2
    Jam Econo
    May I suggest buying a license so you have a $60 incentive to race.

mtbr member
    I dream of spending about $450 on a wheelset. My current wheels (XM819 with XT weight hubs) I estimate at 2100g. I'd like a 1500g wheelset. Next season maybe I can afford a HT race bike. My budget constraints are not as much economic slowdown as my wife's budget for horses trumps my bike racing budget.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

mtbr member
    My bikes have a short shelf life so I get a new one about every 18 months.

Just sold my 08’ Cannondale Scalpel Team Edition to make room for the 2010 Cannondale Carbon Flash 2 29er thats on the way and should be here in a couple of weeks.

As soon as it gets here it will be stripped down to frame and fork and rebuilt with the complete SRAM XX gruppo, Stans ZTR race 29er wheels, Maxxis Aspen or Geax barrio race tires, Edge Composites carbon fiber handlebars and seat post, Selle Italia SLR saddle and ESI chunky grips to round out the package.

This will be my first 29er and also my race bike for next year so I hope I like it. Other than that my wife and I are pretty set for bikes and stuff for 2010 however I’m an eBay bottom feeder and there is always a chance I can pick off a nice set road wheels or a 29er single speed bike that ends at a odd time.

The best piece of advice I can give right now is to THINK POSITIVE and it takes just as much energy to be in a bad mood as it does to be in a good one