A plethora of pinatas

Good job! Team USA @ the 2006 MTB Worlds

It looks like team USA did pretty good this year at the MTB Worlds in New Zeland. Jeremiah Bishop placed 8th in the Men's Elite. Best finish since Tinker in 1995. Mary McConnaloug placed 6th in the Women's Elite. Jill Kitner took gold in the 4 cross and Melissa Buhl to 4th in the Downhill and 6 in 4 cross.

Complete results can be found at - https://www.usacycling.org/mtb/
    Marty

CB2
    Jam Econo
    JHK, Adam Craig, and I believe Todd Wells all DNF'd with mechanicals. Broken chains, and a broken seatpost.
    Pretty bad for the Worlds.

www.BluemaxxRacing.com
    Aug 2006
    Anyone know what happened to Shonny Vanlandingham? I see she didn't do so well. Total bummer!!

A plethora of pinatas
    Adam did have a broken seat post and spent a lot of time in the tech zone. He fixed the seat post returned to the race at the back of the field of 79 riders. He then put in some of the fastest lap times and passed a # of riders to come in 17th! Great day on the bike!! JHK and Wells did DNF due to mechancials. Trebon DNF after a crash and some injuries.

Not sure what happened to Shonny. She is one of my favorite riders, but she seems to be slipping back a bit in the 2nd half of the season. We did have 4 women in the Top 20 - Mary, Heather, Dara and Georgia all had a great race.
    Marty

Members who have read this thread: 0