mtbr member
    Sep 2008

TBF March Madness race, Granite Bay

Trying to put a race team together for TBF March Madness race. Does anyone know how the teams are scored? Do the teams race the same amount of laps or do you race laps according to your category. I emailed the promoter days ago and have had no reply. Any other info on how the team race works would be helpful. Thanks

mtbr member

Just saw this post. Did the race as part of a team...Dry Creek Trail Riders, but it seemed like a team would definitely benefit with having strength in numbers. It confused me also, so I wasn't paying much attention. You race?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yes we did the race. A team could win just by sheer numbers. The second place team did it that way by bringing about twice as many riders as the other teams. They only gave the scores of the 3 winning teams so we don't know where we placed. I would say there was probably 12 teams. We had 13 racers. 12 finished, two first place podiums and one second place so we scored 20 points. No big deal, we still had a great time.

mtbr member

We ended up have 12 people finish as well

mtbr member

....but we also started with 12. What happened to your 13th rider? By your description, our teams probably finished right next to each other in points. You are definitely right about that second place team though, they had A Lot of riders haha.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzee429 View Post
    ....but we also started with 12. What happened to your 13th rider? By your description, our teams probably finished right next to each other in points. You are definitely right about that second place team though, they had A Lot of riders haha.
    13th rider flated, lost his chain and I think had some other issue.
    Which team did you race for? Did 3rd place get 27 points?

mtbr member

My teammate and I were the only ones representing our team so we joined in with the Dry Creek Trail Rider team (which is local to me) and competed with them. My dumbass decided on doing the sport class so that I could try to push myself as long as possible....I thought I was dying. The fact that I felt like I was dying means that I don't remember how many points any team received lol.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ok, you guys came up in the red truck. Thanks for joining up with us. Next year we will bring sheer numbers!

mtbr member

Yeah, I drove the red dakota. Were you on the DCTR Team?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yes, I was on the team. I was the short little 50+ guy named Mark. Here are a couple of videos I found from the race.

TBF MTB Madness Folsom CA | The HUB on Vimeo

TBF Madness (entire 1st lap - 8miles) - YouTube

mtbr member

I'm almost positive I know which mark you are...althought I wouldn't have guessed 50+. Your posts on the dctr page were one of the determining factors of skipping a mt. Diablo ride and joining up with you guys (which most of you I've rode with at DC anyway)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm the slower Mark. Mark N. raced Sport, I raced Novice. I came over and met the two of you guys. Thanks for racing on the team. Next year we will try and get a larger team together. See you down at the creek or Sea Otter if you are going.

mtbr member

See you this weekend, Mark

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    See you this weekend, Mark
    Are you racing XC this weekend? What Cat. and age group?

mtbr member

I'm 29, but they rounded me up to 30-34. Cat 3. First time going to sea otter. You going with Roy and those guys?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Roy went yesterday to Sea Otter. I am going Sat. am. should hook up with them mid morning. Probably see you there. Race day I will wear my Dry Creek jersey
    I'm 29, but they rounded me up to 30-34. Cat 3. First time going to sea otter. You going with Roy and those guys?