mtbr member

Sudden aversion to sweets???

So I've been back on the bike for 2 months now and I've noticed my taste (N.P.I.) in foods has changed. First, I can only drink water. I used to love Diet Coke but now I can't stand it. Even Vitamin Water and low carb Gatorade is way too sweet for me to handle. Also, this morning at breakfast I ordered strawberry french toast and it was so sweet I couldn't eat it. Thankfully I had no problem with the Bacon

So has anyone else experienced a change like this? In the past I would get a craving for sweets and grab a Hershey's bar or something similar to satisfy the need. Now like I stated I can't stand them.

Thanks!
    "The Jeep is America's only real sports car"
    Enzo Ferrari

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I have the opposite
    Just came back from a business trip to Switzerland and I'm addicted to sweets now!
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:
    FSR XC -R7 Platinum - SRAM X7 (26.5lbs)
    Cervelo SLC - SRAM Rival - Reynolds DV46T (16.25 lbs)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have noticed that, definitely. When I train a lot, food that is good for me starts to taste a lot better. Our bodies are intuitively smart. When we up our nutritional/nutrient needs through training then good foods with lots of nutrients taste better. Things that don't have as much nutritional value are don't taste so good anymore. And when you stop eating all the processed foods for a while, then try to eat them again, they are not any good anymore. Give up fried foods for a couple months, then eat a big old plate of greasy fried food, and you will just about get sick.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    After a hard ride I get so hungry that I eat everything in sight. Post ride milkshakes are great recovery drinks .