mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Spinning bike recommendations.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Im trying to decide on a couple of stationary/ spinning bikes for me and my wife. The gym we go to has star trac nxt's that we both like but in researching Ive read about quite a few problems with them mostly poor quality and the bottom bracket. I plan to buy used so reliability is important to me. The other bike ive started looking into is the Schwinn AC performance. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good gym quality spinning bike.

lgh
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have a CycleOps which is very well built although without drop bars. It is easily adjustable if you and your wife ride at different times and don't need 2 units.

Larry

mtbr member

Spinning bike recommendations.

I have a schwinn and love it. I'm not home so I couldn't tell you the model, but I remember parts being pretty cheap for it if something does go wrong. Solid, Quiet build.

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by muell View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Im trying to decide on a couple of stationary/ spinning bikes for me and my wife. The gym we go to has star trac nxt's that we both like but in researching Ive read about quite a few problems with them mostly poor quality and the bottom bracket. I plan to buy used so reliability is important to me. The other bike ive started looking into is the Schwinn AC performance. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good gym quality spinning bike.
    If you train with power, the LifeFitness and LeMond bikes have consoles that allow you download your data to Training Peaks. They have less expensive bikes as well if the data collection is not important to you.

Easy to change the saddle and pedals to use what you use out on the road. If there is a 2nd Wind Fitness near you, they carry a good line of equipment. New, used and refurbished.