Complete Bastard

Spinervals - OMG

I bought a kurt kinetic trainer for riding this winter so I don't turn into the giant tub-o-lard like I did last year. It came with a video that had a 23 minute spinervals sample in it. Cool, I thought, I'll get to give this a try because I'd been wanting to get a spinervals video.

Holy mother of God where did they find this sadist masquerading as 'coach troy'? 23 minutes left me destroyed. I had to lie in the fetal position for 30 minutes before I could get up and walk around normally. Seriously, at first I sat on the couch, but I kept feeling bad so I got up and went in the bedroom and almost blacked out on the way. I almost puked too. It was pretty cool.

I haven't been riding much the last couple of months, but seriously, this guy is a super butt whupper. Is there a spinervals vid that would be more suitable for lsd winter training? Is the aero base builder any better or is it a super masochist festival too? I mean... I can dig it, it makes the time go buy having this disciple of the marquis de sade screaming at me to sprint in 53/11 but I gotta build up to it.

Your input is appreciated.

Oh, fyi, this kurt kinetic road machine is reaaaaaaaaaally nice. And the resistance is very realistic. At least near as I can tell when my vision isn't fading out and I'm trying not to puke.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I like..

1. Suffer-rama
    2. Bending Crank arms
    3. Have Mercy
    4. Uphill Grind

With names like these you know your in for a treat!!! Have fun!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mward
    I bought a kurt kinetic trainer for riding this winter so I don't turn into the giant tub-o-lard like I did last year. It came with a video that had a 23 minute spinervals sample in it. Cool, I thought, I'll get to give this a try because I'd been wanting to get a spinervals video.

Holy mother of God where did they find this sadist masquerading as 'coach troy'? 23 minutes left me destroyed. I had to lie in the fetal position for 30 minutes before I could get up and walk around normally. Seriously, at first I sat on the couch, but I kept feeling bad so I got up and went in the bedroom and almost blacked out on the way. I almost puked too. It was pretty cool.

I haven't been riding much the last couple of months, but seriously, this guy is a super butt whupper. Is there a spinervals vid that would be more suitable for lsd winter training? Is the aero base builder any better or is it a super masochist festival too? I mean... I can dig it, it makes the time go buy having this disciple of the marquis de sade screaming at me to sprint in 53/11 but I gotta build up to it.

Your input is appreciated.

Oh, fyi, this kurt kinetic road machine is reaaaaaaaaaally nice. And the resistance is very realistic. At least near as I can tell when my vision isn't fading out and I'm trying not to puke.
    Yea, we have the "aero base builder" DVD. Much more sane for a winter workout. His quote is "you should finish this workout feeling refreshed, not trashed".A big difference from his other videos.

mtbr member
    Is there a spinervals vid that would be more suitable for lsd winter training?
    Yeah, it's called find a good movie and keep your heart rate well below LAT for a good 2 hours.

Seriously mward, don't kill yourself this time of year. Think "glass pedals" and "Lance cadence".

I just did 1hr. 15min. on the trainer with and average HR of 129 and an average cadence of 111.

Cheers!
    -Ian

Merry Christmas!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by goneskiian
    Yeah, it's called find a good movie and keep your heart rate well below LAT for a good 2 hours.

Seriously mward, don't kill yourself this time of year. Think "glass pedals" and "Lance cadence".

I just did 1hr. 15min. on the trainer with and average HR of 129 and an average cadence of 111.

Cheers!
    -Ian
    Training LSD's all winter will leave you feeling flat. I find the the Aerobase builder workouts to be the best 80 minute workout and it improves your zone 3 training. Uphill grind is an excellent video especially when your presses for time.

Carl

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmaz44
    Training LSD's all winter will leave you feeling flat. I find the the Aerobase builder workouts to be the best 80 minute workout and it improves your zone 3 training. Uphill grind is an excellent video especially when your presses for time.

Carl
    Coach Troy kicks butt .....BBBBooooooooooYyaaaaa.

Mythical Creature
    LMFAO! Too funny... never heard of these sadistic videos you speak of - have to check it out. Gotta love a workout that wrecks ya like that - just be careful to recover prior to another attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by mward
    I almost puked too. It was pretty cool.
    I've been spending a lot of time doing LSD and tempo workouts on the rollers, watching movise from the old collection like LOTR's, Mission Impossible, LA Confidential, and Bond flick, and so on. Nothing too serious or intense, but just something to keep the brain wandering a little bit.

cmaz is right though - you do want to throw in some of that intense stuff too, like a fast group ride or one of those evil sounding video workouts, so you don't end up too flat later on, and it helps keep the pumps primed. Try doing 60, 30, or 12 second max. sprints at certain intevals (every 10-20 minutes) just to break up that LSD monotony...
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -