mtbr member
    Aug 2007

source for course marking arrows?

I'm looking for course marking directional arrows printed on a plastic similar to a MTB number plate that I can use over a whole season. All the ones I have found are either very expensive or cardboard, any ideas where to look?

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by jroden View Post
    I'm looking for course marking directional arrows printed on a plastic similar to a MTB number plate that I can use over a whole season. All the ones I have found are either very expensive or cardboard, any ideas where to look?
    You can make your own and laminate them (or have the copy shop laminate them for you). I do mine on yellow cardstock with my ink jet printer. Staple them to a wooden stake (make your own or buy them pre-made at Home Depot) and pound them into the ground to mark the course. You can make all sorts of signs and markings with your software and a printer.

Or, get some thin plywood, cut out your signs and paint your own if you don't like cardboard. Otherwise, you have to pay one of the companies that makes the signs. I buy things from Rainbow such as these and then laminate them to last longer. Again, I just staple them to a wooden stake and drive them in the ground to mark the course.

BB

FasCat Coaching
    Quote Originally Posted by jroden View Post
    Jro- check out EJ over at Crankskins.com ejcrankskins @ crankskins.com (email). He can make all that stuff with ease and he's right there in rochester
    FasCat Coaching
    Personalized Coaching for All Cyclists