mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Software/Calendars/etc for training purposes. What do you use?

I currently have a training routine and a coach. My coach is awesome and very hands on, which is awesome, and we communicate my training schedule and how I feel and all that through email or phone conversations, and I get my schedule a week ahead of time. Works great, but I'm looking for a place to organize this stuff. I'm currently using a spreadsheet, where I'll note down what he tells me and then write notes against it and keep a column for planned vs actual hours, etc. It feels too manual for my liking

Wanted to get some insights on what others have been using to managing their training. I've briefly looked at Training Peaks and that looks pretty complicated and sort of overkill for what I want to do.

Maybe something inbetween? Was wondering if someone wrote anything for Google Maps that makes that more training oriented? Was thinking of starting to use that. Would love if Garmin Connect had something to schedule workouts and track against it, as I like to upload my rides to there. The Training Peaks ride upload seems to be kinda junky from what I can tell.

Thoughts?

-Tom

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I use Cycling Log on my iPhone. It's very basic but it allows me to make plenty of notes where I can compare how I raced with my training schedule. Works as a log but I don't know that it'd be useful to plan thing in advance.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    So how are you comparing it to your training schedule? What format is that in?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    My training schedule is super low tech, a day-planner and a spiral bound notebook. Sorry...