Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

sidi dominator 5 widths?

687 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  yater 
#1 ·
The nearest "lbs" that deals sidi and has a decent stock is ~120 miles away from me. I'm trying to figure out which width would be the best fit for me. I have a pretty wide foot but find that shimano shoes fit comfortably. I'm considering the sidi dom. 5s and the specialized bg carbon pros at this point. From what I can remember, the specialized shoes fit kind of like the shimanos but the sidis are narrow (except for the mega). Would a mega be comparable to a regular shimano shoe like the m225 or the 098 road shoe? Those all fit great...but the m225 is way too heavy for racing.

#2 ·
I think the dominator 5 widths will depend on which model you get. I have the lorica ones and on my second season they are a bit tighter than my genius 5.5s are at the same size. Not anything that the strap adjustment didn't take care of but if you have fat feet you might want to order the wide ones or go with mesh. I'm pretty sure they were looser last year when I raced cross and have yet to dunk em again this year so may be they just contracted a bit.

Hope this helps! I would try and get to a LBS and try them on honestly. I won't ever buy shoes that I can't try on first since they make such a difference in how your ride goes.

HTH

Eric

#4 ·
Maybe the question should be: If you've been comfortable in shimano shoes in the past (specifically the m225 and the 098) what size sidi fits you best.

I don't have an lbs to order from....but I get a team deal with a shop 120 miles away. They'll likely have to order these for me so I just want to try and get close to the right size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.