mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Which Series to Race in for Mid-Atlantic?

Hello I'm back as a noob. Been out of the game for way to long. I just moved from northern California out to D.C. I intend to race XC in Cat 3 or sport class. Still fingering out this race stuff and sanctioning bodies organizations. Any D.C. Northern Virginians have some insight on which MTB series they race in/recommend? I would like to progress in the USAC standings over time if that helps.

Thank you

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    can't say about D.C. or Virgina but the [M.A.S.S.] mid-atlantic super series stretches from NJ to Maryland. Well run with i believe 20+ races in the series. You could pick and choose which ones you want to do. Good luck

I'd rather be riding
    In Va there is a new USAC series this year the Virginia Mountain Bike Series (https://www.facebook.com/VAMTBSeries?fref=ts). There is also a non sanctioned series 2013 Virginia Off Road Series - Seasonal Plate. I've raced VORS for 2 years now and I'm going to try and focus on the new sanctioned races this year both for a change and a chance to qualify for nats. (CAT 2)

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Try posting over in Virginia, WV, Maryland, DC, Delaware

That said, MASS has good races, and not too far. The Mid-Atlantic Super Series
    My other bike is a /7.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    As a first year noob myself, I decided not to focus on any series, but just individual races, to gain experience. I live in NoVA, and all of the mentioned series cover too large of geographical area for me to be interested in committing to a majority of their races. If I set the local
    racing scene on fire this year, I may change my approach next year
    hoping to be more competitive :-)