mtbr member
    Mar 2006

sea otter XC schedule Cat 1 Friday, Cat 2 does 2 laps

so Cat 1 races Friday at 2:00. I guess they will screw them instead of the Cat 3s. but the Cat 2 schedule says two laps of 38 miles.

Link to PDF

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I wonder if that's a typo. Not really sure if it matters to me. I'll be slow no matter how long it is. 38 miles = more miles for your racing dollar .

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    interesting. looks like they probably did that to get rid of 2 lap races before the Pro start. (cat3 is only 1 lap)

only bummer is that we (cat1) will be running a different finish than last year (don't get to finish under the bridge)

i guess i am sort of happy about not racing the same day as the pros (so i won't be so tired when doing support for the wife) but given the option i would race on saturday and not friday.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sea Otter.

Damm guy aren't we looking a little far ahead?

I have 5lbs to gain and lose between now and then.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN
    Sea Otter.

Damm guy aren't we looking a little far ahead?

I have 5lbs to gain and lose between now and then.
    My thoughts exactly. Hopefully this schedule is still tentative. Like Whybotherme mentioned, I rather not race on Friday.
    Last edited by LeStrong; 10-29-2009 at 03:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I also can't really imagine they'd start pro men 20 minutes after pro women? That would mean a LOT of the men would have traffic to get through. Even if they did it the other way around... I know this year I was passing men on our lap about halfway through (prob due to mechanicals early on in the lap, but not toward the end of the lap).

mtbr member
    I'm very dissapointed they moved the Cat 1 race to Friday at 2pm. It is a 5-6 hour drive for me to get to Laguna Seca and all of that make the drive do 2-3 races at Sea Otter. This year almost all of them are on Friday! If have written to them and hope others people will as well.
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

Lusus Naturae
    Wow, Cat1 on Friday huh? Welcome to the Cat3 world, you freaks on bikes. Its now your chance to take a day off from work and show how much this sport really means, just like I did the past 2 years.

I don't want to hear any whining from all you hard-asses. Man up!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Update/ Correction

I mailed the Sea Otter event organizer and he stated that the info that some are seeing on the website is incorrect. CAT 2 XC racers will do one lap only (19 miles) the same as years past. The rest of the schedule is accurate. So, CAT 2 racers you can relax you won't have to ride the extra miles until you bump up to CAT 1. I actually thought that doing 38 miles as CAT 2 would be cool. Would have weeded out a lot of riders for sure. Actually it probably would have ballooned the CAT 3 ranks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBalance
    Wow, Cat1 on Friday huh? Welcome to the Cat3 world, you freaks on bikes. Its now your chance to take a day off from work and show how much this sport really means, just like I did the past 2 years.

I don't want to hear any whining from all you hard-asses. Man up!

haha! i love it! show what it means?! 13+ hr training weeks on top of working 40hrs a week isn't enough?! 'sall good though. i feel your message. i think it sucks that the CAT3's get pushed to Friday on some race schedules. it really makes it tough for some people to participate. it wasn't that long ago that i didn't have any vacation days from work... interesting how that correlated directly with being a fatasss.

i don't mind going up on thursday to race on friday, just would rather race on saturday. no way that i could get away with not taking at least one day off (in the case of sea otter, long drive!)