Brant-C.

scratchy throat...darn it1

i'm into my third week of base 1.

i'm riding about 6 hours a week.

i've been riding but not logging any hours since november.

had to back off this past week due to a scratchy throat that is lingering. i did feel weak the night before it started...i knew something was up.

i'm hoping it doesn't turn into a full blown cold, flu, whatever.

lots o fruits, juices, rest when i can, sleep when i can. the one year old also has RSV so ashli and i are taking turns at night watching and sleeping with her. started last monday.

that's what's happening in my very very very small tiny patch of corner of the world.
    I just like riding my mountain bike.

mtbr member
    I'm in the same boat. Throat started hurting and now I have mucous nose/throat. I got spared the flu(maybe because I got the shot). I went out yesterday and just had no power and felt awful.

mtbr member
    same thing happened to me when i first started training this winter, shock to the body. Get lots of sleep and nutrition it will pass. Hydrogen peroxide is a wonder, gargle with it, pour a capful in your ear and let it sit there for a few minutes. Can stop a cold in its tracks. Kills the bacteria where it starts. I have told people this and they say what!!. Its perfectly safe just dont swallow it, it will make you vomit haha. Here is some info for your own piece of mind.. http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise...de-in-ears.htm

dt3

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Just about everybody gets sick. Some times people get faster because it.

One of my athlete trained really hard for the Panam championships, he went there and got worked over. Two weeks after that he got sick and was out of training for just about two weeks. Went to Sea Otter with low expectations. Ended up placing in the top 15, in front of a lot guys who destroyed him at the Panams.