Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jroden View Post
    A fluid trainer will be smoother and more quiet, the cyclops and Kurt are the two best ones. They should work fine with your 29 wheel with a slick tire.

The lemond road machine is nice because you actually remove the wheel, it's loud but has the best "road feel" of any trainer
    I run my cyclops with my 29er bike with a bontrager 700cc tire / everyhting works fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i was riding with a friend yesterday who has the emotions like me and also a nice fluid trainer. I asked him if he has used the fluid trainer much since getting the emotions and he said zero times. I really like having the bike be able to move around on the rollers and not having to pay attention much because of the extra features of the e-motions. I get enough watts without using any added resistance, but I don't do much north of 350 during the winter inside anyways.

mtbr member
    ^^^ My thoughts too! The emotions just make indoor riding a bit more interesting and due to the features, you can still push pretty hard. Haven't even played with the resistance settings...I'm not strong enough yet!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Poncharelli View Post
    Beware of PVC though. They have a potential for warping. A buddy of mine had two sets of warped PolyCarbonate rollers before getting some Krietlers.

My friend and I bought our Krietler rollers ten years ago and they're still good today.
    So, beware of pvc or polycarbonate? They are two totally different plastics.

Polycarbonate = Polycarbonate

PVC = Poly Vinyl Chloride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2