Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bholwell View Post
    I've spent the evening going through my photos looking for pics of Burry. I think this is the best one; Sea Otter, 2010. I think this is his second year with Specialized, and the first year he was on a 29er. He out-sprinted Geoff Kabush for the win.
    Thank you for that picture. I took a short hiatus from cycling, and in 2010, I started watching it again. The Mountain Bike Action magazine I bought in Japan was the Sea Otter 2010 edition. I really enjoyed watching the specialized duo tear up the scene.

RIP Burry.
    Hammerheadbikes.com

ups and downs
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    May 2011
    RIP

always have this argument with road cyclists who say going down mountains and doing jumps and drops and things is stupidly dangerous.

I always point out that statistically its far more dangerous to be on the road with a bicycle.

Probably more likely to have minor to medium injury doing DH biking, but more likely to be killed on the road on a bicycle.

mtbr member
    Two world champions in one shot. Beijing 2008.
    They'll be missed, hope something good will come after these tragedies for the sake of safety of cyclists on the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RIP Burry Stander-bacob_wcuaa7gfx.jpg-large.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2