ups and downs

Red Bull TV has decided no one cares about Women's XCO

So it appears that Red Bull TV has decided that no one would be interested in watching a full replay of the Women's World Cup XCO races, the 2 minute or 13 minute hilights will be enough.

Action from the women's XCO in Val d'Isère - Photo - Video | Red Bull Bike

The entire 2012 World Cup season has all the men's races available for full replay on demand. And all of the women's races have a note "Thanks for watching!" Here's typical examples.

Red Bull TV - UCI MTB World Cup - Windham, US.
    Red Bull TV - UCI MTB World Cup - Windham, US

Red Bull TV - UCI MTB World Cup - Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada
    Red Bull TV - UCI MTB World Cup - Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada

Red Bull TV - UCI MTB World Cup - La Bresse, France
    Red Bull TV - UCI MTB World Cup - La Bresse, France

If that seems somehow unreasonable, especially since the women's races start about 2.5 hours earlier than the men's races, limiting the opportunity to watch them live in many parts of the world, what with the European races starting around 2:20AM on the west coast. Hard to imagine that hard drive space is so expensive for a gigabyte of storage for 100 minutes of HD video that they can't make the women's races available for watch again on demand.

Maybe send an email to Red Bull and the UCI pointing out the lack of fairness in that decision.

support@at.redbullmediahouse.com

admin@uci.ch
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

g3h6o3
    I prefer the women's races most of the time...
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil View Post
    I prefer the women's races most of the time...
    Ditto. They tend to be more open. With the men you know it's going to Absalon, Nino, or Kulhavy 95% of the time.

mtbr member

Upset Thought it was just me...

or my computer/internet connection. I have been trying forever to watch the replays too. Hadn't noticed if the men's races worked or not. I find the women's races much more interesting.

I read a thread on FB where Freecaster or Extreme.com was saying that RedBull TV was supposed to be posting the replays soon after their air date but it never materialized.

I will send an email to the contacts you listed.

Thanks for the heads up .

mtbr member
    Hmmm, that's pretty lame. I think I'll complain. They need to step up their game. Lets see the dames.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    must have been a recent change because I watched some of those old races last week. It does seem inordinately difficult to find full replays on the Redbull TV website though, but not even offering them is pretty lame.

mtbr member
    When Val D'Isere race was about to start there were some broadcasting problems that keep the first minutes of the race unavailable, and I think that might be the reason for Red Bull not to have that race on demand.
    The rest of the races of the season were available on demand even weeks after it happened, haven't looked recently though.

Anyway, I think I have all of men's and women's WC races of this season, If someone wants I can upload them to dropbox(one at the time, space issues )

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    It happened after the last race. They all worked prior to that. I did mis the last wonens xc. Kinda wanted to watch it

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah, they were all available for a while minus the last one. I also prefer to watch the women's race, and usually watched that one first and caught he highlights of the men's.

Muskoka
    They are all still up on freecastertv.com
    .....which is where I have watched them all season.

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog View Post
    They are all still up on freecastertv.com
    .....which is where I have watched them all season.
    Nope, same blank screen for the women's races on Freecaster, the men's races are all there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red Bull TV has decided no one cares about Women's XCO-freecaster-replay-women.jpg  

Red Bull TV has decided no one cares about Women's XCO-freecaster-replay-men.jpg  

Red Bull TV has decided no one cares about Women's XCO-freecaster-replay-women1.jpg  

Muskoka
    well that sucks!!

ups and downs
    My point exactly

www.EpicCyclist.com
    It does suck indeed! We need more girls to watch and send in complaints. At the end of the day it's all about money. If they see that over half of there potential market is missing they will change it. Come on girls get on it!!!

mtbr member
    Thought about creating a new thread about it, but I thing this is the best place to rant about the Vélo D'Or awards.
    This year's Vélo D'Or Français has been awarded to Tommy Voeckler for third year in a row.
    Nothing to argue about, apart that Julie Bresset got second.
    Come on!
    What did Voeckler achieve this year?
    All right, 2 Tour stage wins, and KOM. That's great, but Bresset's achievements put(in my opinion)Voeckler's into shame.
    World Cup win in Nove Mesto, World Champion, and Olympic Champion, not to mention France's Champion and other races.
    I find outrageous that they chose pulling silly faces while climbing instead of a year round consistent performance, bringing glory, specially olympic glory to the country.
    Yes, road racing is bigger than MTB racing, but, come on!