Always pushing harder!!!

Racing in the USA?

If I decided to take some time and travel to some of the US Pro XCT UCI categorized races, what would be the best one and why? What other XC events are great to attend and/or race?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    California early season isn't a bad bet if you're looking for good training weather. I've heard great things about Bump N' Grind and Mt. Morris, though. Depends on when you can travel and if you're looking to do back to back races anywhere?

Team Big Bear does a great job with the CA races. I have not had the opportunity to race Bump N' Grind, or Subaru Cup, but have also heard they are awesome events and well attended. Missoula as well. Guessing you probably can't go wrong!

mtbr member
    How did you choose the Pro XCT, and UCI races for your travel budget? Many better choices out there that are outside the traditional sources. Where is your home base? Colorado has some of the nations best racing, and most are non-USAC/UCI. I can list some for Colorado;
    Bailey Hundo
    Gunnison Growler
    Laramie Enduro
    Steamboat Stinger
    Fat Tire 40 @ Creasted Butte
    The entire Rocky Mountain Endurance series
    Brek Epic
    Firecracker 50

Outside Colorado;
    Quchita Challenge
    South Dokota 5-0
    Park City Point to Point
    Whiskey 50

I would check out these before i spent money to travel to the ProXCT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker View Post
    How did you choose the Pro XCT, and UCI races for your travel budget? Many better choices out there that are outside the traditional sources. Where is your home base? Colorado has some of the nations best racing, and most are non-USAC/UCI. I can list some for Colorado;
    Bailey Hundo
    Gunnison Growler
    Laramie Enduro
    Steamboat Stinger
    Fat Tire 40 @ Creasted Butte
    The entire Rocky Mountain Endurance series
    Brek Epic
    Firecracker 50

Outside Colorado;
    Quchita Challenge
    South Dokota 5-0
    Park City Point to Point
    Whiskey 50

I would check out these before i spent money to travel to the ProXCT
    Did you notice that you suggested marathon events in response to a question about XC events? Your suggestions are all great events, but...

SoCal series would be great, as would the TX XC series for early season. Plenty of good XC races throughout the year, if you have the travel budget to cover the cost.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The Pro XCT in WI is the best of the series. Great course and outstanding crowd. You won't get hundreds of spectators at any other race in the series.

mtbr member
    I would say the first Pro XCT race of the year. I may be a little bit bias (or a lot) but you get to see Austin, Tx and the race trail has a lot of technical bits to it.

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    check out the SERC/US Cup east series at goneriding.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsbiker View Post
    Laramie Enduro
    Not quite in Colorado, but I'll forgive you just this one time... I know most people think southern Wyoming is a Colorado State Park

You did forget 40 in the Fort, but like the others, it is an endurance event

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooshee View Post
    Not quite in Colorado, but I'll forgive you just this one time... I know most people think southern Wyoming is a Colorado State Park

You did forget 40 in the Fort, but like the others, it is an endurance event
    Thanks for the correction, i guess i meant Colorado "area". I've been to the Laramie Enduro more than most so i'm well aware of it's statehood. Still one of the best events in the Colorado region. I did forget the 40 in the Fort as well, i have not had the chance to race it so i cannot recommend it.