mtbr member

Racing the Leadville 100

After seeing the trailer for Race Across the Sky, I got inspired in moth to a flame - way and I wanted to race it.

I looked for testimonials from amateurs, but I could not find any.

So, are there any armatures here that have raced the Leadville 100 that can talk about their inspiration, background, preparation and results.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Here is my experience, I plan on training for and racing the LT100 until whenever....

The Day I Almost Quit

Oh yeah, check the YouTube videos at the end. If you go real slow and know my kit you can see me in the beginning of the SupoerHuman clip.
    Last edited by herothedog; 10-18-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Team Awesome
    You might want to try the endurance racing forum. Lots of folks over that way have done Leadville.

There are plenty of blogs about leadville. Fatcyclist.com, etc.

There are lots of hundred mile MTB races. Unless you're local, I'd suggest trying out a different hundred before leadville. For one thing, you'll actually get to ride some singletrack.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by herothedog
    Here is my experience, I plan on training for and racing the LT100 until whenever....

The Day I Almost Quit

Oh yeah, check the YouTube videos at the end. If you go real slow and know my kit you can see me in the beginning of the SupoerHuman clip.
    Good read. The take away is stay on hydration and fueling and stay warm. Did you really race with only one water bottle?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy
    Good read. The take away is stay on hydration and fueling and stay warm. Did you really race with only one water bottle?
    Oh no, water bottles at each aid station. So I went through about ten or twelve counting the ones I drank at the aid station.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by herothedog
    Oh no, water bottles at each aid station. So I went through about ten or twelve counting the ones I drank at the aid station.
    I only saw one water bottle on your bike pictures, so I thought that you were only using 1 waterbottle between aid stations and then drinking a lot at the aid stations.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy
    I only saw one water bottle on your bike pictures, so I thought that you were only using 1 waterbottle between aid stations and then drinking a lot at the aid stations.
    The other bottle was in my back pocket. One thing I'm doing next year is to set an alarm for every 15-20 minutes as a reminder to take in drink.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by playpunk
    You might want to try the endurance racing forum. Lots of folks over that way have done Leadville.

There are plenty of blogs about leadville. Fatcyclist.com, etc.

There are lots of hundred mile MTB races. Unless you're local, I'd suggest trying out a different hundred before leadville. For one thing, you'll actually get to ride some singletrack.

In California there are some 24 hours races, a 50 miler and a 100 miler, but none as Epic as the Leadville, but perhaps your right, I should probably start small first.