mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Polar CS200CAD operation question

Just got this unit new and have it all set up but have one question. I have it set up for my road bike and my mountain bike. I don't think the manual is too clear on the exact proceedure for switching between the two bike settings. What is the exact proceedure for going from one bike to the other? Any help out there?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have this monitor. My guess is you have to have the cadence and speed sensors set up on both bikes, then switch the monitor to each bike as necessary. When you switch bikes, you have to change the settings between "bike 1" and "bike 2".

You may have to fork out an extra $60 plus shipping, and to me that would be way easier than switching the sensors back and forth between bikes.

http://polardiscount.com/scripts/pro...?idProduct=127
    http://polardiscount.com/scripts/pro...?idProduct=128

I've shopped with this site and they were super-fast with shipping.

Hope this helps ... maybe there's another approach.

Mike

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

RE: Polar CS200CAD operation question

mike,

i have ordered the needed sensors and all the stuff i need to set up a second bike, there was no way i was moving this stuff back and forth. the issue to me is that there is no definitive confirmation that you are operating with bike 1 or bike 2 settings. what you are saying seems to be the answer and it was my guess. i also received a reply from polar themselves saying the same thing. before beginning a new exercise file, change between bike 1 and 2 in the settings then move onto beginning a new file. i am just used to an icon of some sort that lets you know what set of settings you are operating with.

ahhh the growing pains of technology...happy with the unit though

thanks!

Shamisen Appreciator
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrinder
    mike,

i also received a reply from polar themselves saying the same thing. before beginning a new exercise file, change between bike 1 and 2 in the settings then move onto beginning a new file. i am just used to an icon of some sort that lets you know what set of settings you are operating with.

ahhh the growing pains of technology...happy with the unit though

thanks!
    Yup, that's what you have to do. I seem to continually forget to switch the bike over before a ride. I've now done four road rides in the past week while recording the info with the wrong wheel diameter.

I've also noticed a few problems with the "training" software on their website. It seems that if you record more than one ride in a day, it won't upload correctly to the calendar. It also seems to be fairly inconsistent when uploading multiple days in one week. I have to manually move the ride data in the online calendar.

Overall, I like the unit, but there are a number of things the bother me about it. The BEEPS on the autostart/stop are a pain and the sensors don't track changes in speed very quickly. I sure is nice to reclaim some bar space though, even it I was a bit sad to give up on my 12 year old Avocet 30 and Protrainer NV.