mtbr member

Phoenix area "training" rides/groups?

I know there is an AZ forum, but I'm thinking I'd have more luck over here....

If there are any guys or groups in the valley that ride with a little more intensity than just the normal "out for a ride" type of thing, I'd like a chance to try and join up.

I haven't found anyone yet that really has the same desire I have to get faster, as opposed to just riding for fun. Riding is fun, but it's even more fun as you get better.

I normally ride South Mtn since it's close to home, but I have good lights for night rides as well. I currently ride a 1.5-2 hours at a pretty good pace, usually non-stop 2-3 days/week, and then run the other days to build cardio.

I'd love a chance to try and hang with some racer-type guys for a little more motivation and less riding by myself.

Peace.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    What cat. do you race? You should check with shops in your area. Most have a "team" or at least a group of people that get together to race and push the pace. I belong to a large church/riding group in the N.W. Valley. I race cat.2 when I have the money and time. I always like to ride hard though. We have a couple groups doing training rides for the upcoming 24hrs. Of Fury. We have about 40 guys signed up now. They range from first timers to the defending solo single speed champ.
    Last edited by azpoolguy; 10-19-2009 at 11:20 AM.