mtbr member
    May 2006

Orbea Alma now available in 4 sizes

I thought I would post here as this is a race specific frame and I figured the crowd here would know the most about it.

I have been wanting an Alma for years, unfortunatley they never made an XL (I am 6'4 and need a 21 inch seat tube and 25 inch top tube), however, while perusing Orbea's website today I noticed they are now for the first time offering the Alma in 4 frame sizes - including the long awaited XL (with my perfect measurements).

What I am wondering is does anyone know if Orbea will be offering the Alma as a frame set-only or is it only available as a complete bike? I seem to remember them offering an Alma only frame option in prior years but can't seem to locate any info on their website.

Also, any thoughts on ride opinions on the Alma - I have never ridden one (obviously), but would love to hear some feedback from those that have in terms of stiffness, ride comfort, power transfer etc.

Cheers all

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The new 2010 Alma is a great looking bike. The frame design has been changed fairly significantly. The biggest change is the bike is designed around a 100mm fork now (instead of 80mm).

I can't give you much feedback on the ride though. You cannot compare the ride of a small bike and a large bike. What is stiff to me may feel like a noodle to you.

mtbr member
    I have an 09 that I bought as a frameset. Love the ride and quality of the frame. I know nothing about the changes for 2010, but I've been very happy with mine, and can only imagine the 2010 model will be even better.
    "Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation".

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I looked at the site and it appears to me that the Alma is still only available in one size? The Lanza is available in three sizes?

Cheers,

C.K.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckledraggerz
    I looked at the site and it appears to me that the Alma is still only available in one size? The Lanza is available in three sizes?

Cheers,

C.K.
    Only the 29er version is restricted to one size.

No longer 26
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN
    Only the 29er version is restricted to one size.
    I'd have built the XL in a 29er version instead of 26 version. Maybe even Lg.

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Alma WC ?

How come the web site does not show the Alma WC 26 ver?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have a 2008 Alma and you should have no problem just buying the frame only....but from what I have read the 2010 have made big improvements.

I really like it and it a great bike for me....I have raced it on XC and Endurance for 1 year now and have not had any problems I'm 143lbs and ride a Medium...the bikes comes it at 20lbs