mtbr member

Ooops my legs are shot - 3 days till race!!!!

What to do

I thought I would give it one more hard work out with three days to recouperate before my first race of the season. 1/3 of the way into the training I realized my legs were already really tired and I was riding on my trainer at least one mile an hour below my usual average speed and feeling like I was pushing it hard. I finished my "hill climbs" taking it a little bit easier but now am worried that my legs won't be fresh by saturday.

What is the best way to recouperate? Completely off the bike till race day, or a few easy spins each day till then? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thnx
    Before you buy anything online, send Bob at bikerbob.com an email! Best online retailer!

My bike/ race Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

2 days rest, 1 day with some brief hard intervals, race.

and maybe you'll win.

mtbr member
    Easy recovery rides are the $h1t

Spin easy (EASY!) each day <1 hour and do some brief hard intervals the day before hand. Nutrition and sleep is important too. 3 Days is enough to recover, no worries.

Big ring = No chainsuck
    A self-massage will work wonders. Elevate your legs, work towards your heart, and go deep. It does work.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes...
    That way, when you criticize him you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

mtbr member

Thanx

Thanks for the feedback. Consensus seems to be to at least spin the day before...
    Before you buy anything online, send Bob at bikerbob.com an email! Best online retailer!

My bike/ race Blog

trekker
    Jul 2005
    spin every day, high rpm, very light load, for no more than 1hr 15 min. You'll be fine for the race