ups and downs

Nove Mesto World Cup

Live coverage of the women's Elite/U-23 race begins in 5 minutes....

UCI World Cup 2011 XCO 6 - Nove Mesto Na Morave CZE - Exclusive LIVE webcasts of the UCI MTB World Cup
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

ups and downs
    MHP on a 29er Vertex in 10th at the end of the start loop... with Emily Batty right on her rear wheel as the start loop ends. The 26" wheeled bikes seem to be out in front in the beginning of the race.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nove Mesto World Cup-novemesto1.jpg  

ups and downs
    And it's the alloy proto 29 Vertex... running in 6th into lap 3

Nove Mesto World Cup-novemesto2.jpg

But really surprising that Gunn-Rita Dahle Flejsaa is in 5th place.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Surprised to see Premont on a hybrid. I guess since Rocky isn't making a 26inch hardtail next year she better switch now.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Good coverage. They have a lot of cameras on course.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    Surprised to see Premont on a hybrid. I guess since Rocky isn't making a 26inch hardtail next year she better switch now.
    The big wheels didn't seem as helpful to MHP as they did Emily, but Emily has more time on the wagon wheels to get used to what they can do. It would have likely been helpful if MHP had the 1000gm carbon Vertex frame, I bet the alloy proto weighed a couple of pounds more than her carbon 26" hardtail. Those trails looked very Squamish like, I'd have wanted a 26" Element personally.

I wonder what Kabush will be riding today? After his comment about a mountain biker on a 29er winning the Tour de France, maybe he'll be rolling the big wheels too.

Really amazing to see Gunn-Rita back in the mix, kinda cool that she brought her boy onto the podium with her.

MHP hangs on to 4th overall with the odd mix of top 10 gals.

Canadian Cyclist - Nove Mesto Na Morave World Cup : Women's XC report

Wow, actually 9th place was a pretty good result...

Premont rode for the first time on a 29" wheeled bike, and started well. But she said afterwards that she started feeling sick during the race and came close to pulling out. Kalentieva's third place allowed the Russian to leapfrog Premont in the overall standings, and take third, ten points ahead of Premont.
    Last edited by rockyuphill; 08-14-2011 at 07:04 AM.

mtbr member
    I watched the men's race and I really liked the camera work on this race. There was some great footage shot from a motorbike riding along the track, for example starting from 59:50.

I can't post the link myself because I don't have enough posts yet.

ups and downs
    They had 20 cameras on the course, that's the most cameras on course since the 40+ cameras they had at Beijing in 2008 for the XCO races. Most of the Freecaster races are covered with 5-7 cameras. The moving shot from the bike really gave a sense of how fast they were rolling.

Women's race replay

UCI World Cup 2011 XCO 6 - Nove Mesto Na Morave CZE Women - REPLAY - Exclusive LIVE webcasts of the UCI MTB World Cup

Men's race replay

UCI World Cup 2011 XCO 6 - Nove Mesto Na Morave CZE - REPLAY - Exclusive LIVE webcasts of the UCI MTB World Cup

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    What about the junior mens race. A total unknown from New Zealand - Anton Cooper - trashed the best in the world by almost 2 minutes! Just turned 17, never raced outside Australasia before With lap times comparable with the top U23s. One to watch for the future.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    I heard the same that Giant is dropping the 26" XTC Advanced SL frame for the US market at least. Funny most of their sponsored Rabobank mtb guys (save Adam Craig) use it though but I guess there is little market for 26" carbon hardtails in North America anymore.