Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004

Norba license help.

I haven't raced the MTB all season but would like to do Castaic in the Expert SS category. Do I have to pay the full pop for an annual license still or can I just buy a one day license? From the Team Big Bear website it looks like I can just buy a one day, anybody know?
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Officially, you can't buy a one-day Expert license.

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by Iktome
    Officially, you can't buy a one-day Expert license.
    Yup - usually you can buy a $5 sport or beginner license. You need an annual license to compete in Expert.

Races like that run a ~very~ fast sport class. Lots of "experts" that don't have annual licenses...

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    Yup - usually you can buy a $5 sport or beginner license. You need an annual license to compete in Expert.

Races like that run a ~very~ fast sport class. Lots of "experts" that don't have annual licenses...
    I'm confused. this is off the Team Big Bear website.

All Pro/Semi-Pro and Expert racers must have an annual NORBA license. You will be charged a $5.00 fee during registration if you do not have a required license. Sport and Beginner racers do not have to be licensed.

I wonder if it's purposely confusing?
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I think that is is pretty confusing. I have raced beginner this season (first season racing) and I have had to pay the extra $5.00 "I do not have a NORBA License" fee. Every time I ask, all I get is "That's the way it goes."

Rick

mtbr member
    Beginner and Sport races must either have a ANNUAL license or can pay for a 1 day ($5.00) license.

Expert racers MUST have an ANNUAL license and can NOT buy a 1 day license. For the Expert, this stinks if you only want to do 1 or 2 races in the year; but I guess Norba feels if you are an expert, you've been racing all year anyway.
    If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Members who have read this thread: 0