mtbr member
    May 2009

Neti Pot - A Godsend

you HAVE to get one!!!! feels funny at first but it helps me breath better by keeping my nasal passages nice and clean. It's basicly a pot you fill with salt water, stick the spout in one nostral, pour it in and let it flow out the other nostral. The cheap CVS kit works great! (but my ceramic one is way better) I do it once in the morning and once before i go to bed(don't go for this the first time, you gotta ease into it). If you have seasonal allergies like i do, then this is one of those things that helps take care of the nasal problems that you may get.

And besides, everybody thought i was crazy until Oprah said that she uses one.

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/sinus...re-9/neti-pots

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Tried it once and got an ear infection, must be doing it wrong. I have chronic sinusitis and use oxymetazoline everday and it makes me feel high
    And thats whats happening!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJK
    you HAVE to get one!!!! feels funny at first but it helps me breath better by keeping my nasal passages nice and clean. It's basicly a pot you fill with salt water, stick the spout in one nostral, pour it in and let it flow out the other nostral. The cheap CVS kit works great! (but my ceramic one is way better) I do it once in the morning and once before i go to bed(don't go for this the first time, you gotta ease into it). If you have seasonal allergies like i do, then this is one of those things that helps take care of the nasal problems that you may get.

oprah???

she is an idiot.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My wife swears by them.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJK

Yup they work great...

Two things, try accupuncture as well works right away...the normal kind with needles and...

They have little seeds that they tape to the sinus drain points on your face, they kinda itch everynow and then so you rub them and the sinuses drain....

Do the above maybe on the weekends cause twice a day with the Netipot is alot.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    oprah???

she is an idiot.

Apparently with sinusitis cured by a Netipot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjekyll
    I have chronic sinusitis and use oxymetazoline everday and it makes me feel high
    This is what's in most nasal sprays, correct? I become very addicted to nasal sprays- if I use them and try to stop, I'm more congested than before and it lasts for days.

My doctor has prescribed Nasonex, and I've been on it for over a year. Before then I had chronic sinus infections. Hardly ever get them now- the only time I've gotten a sinus infection since starting Nasonex was when I stopped using it.

If you're chronically congested or have reoccurring sinus infections like I did, I highly recommend talking to your doctor about Nasonex.
    Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    love mine!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I've had great success with the Neilmed Sinus Rinse. Same principle as the Neti pot but with an easier to use squeez bottle. Make sure you use distilled or previously boiled water. Non iodized salt and baking soda and you're good to go.
    Nasal inhaled corticosteroids such as Nasonex are very good for treating allergic rhinistis. Non allergic rhinitis however is another story. There are nasal ipratropium sprays which may work better for non allergic. The nasal rinsing, either neti pot or squeeze bottle, works for both.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    i tend to stay away from the systems that might encourage you to induce undue pressure (like a squeeze bottle) cause last time i used one i had a sore ear for a week from the eustachen (whatever... spelling isn't my strong point) tube filling with water

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Well I didn't say to squeeze hard.