mtbr member

Mud race questions

Well since my season has been in the mud so far. I got a few quick questions.
    I am looking at a pair of mud tires, is a 1.8 or 2.0 better for various types of mud (clay, sandy, run of the mill dirt)
    How do i get dirt stains out of my kits?
    is there anyway to prevent rust on the chain, and cassette from the point i wash the bike off after the race to the time i get home to do a proper cleaning.
    S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale

Dirty South Underdog
    1. I used the IRD Fire Pro XC front and back for mud, and I love them.
    2. My process: hose loose mud off. Fill a bucket with hot water, Biz stain fighter, and detergent, then soak your stained clothes in that for a couple of hours. Hose them out again- usually I find that the water pressure will blast out most of the stain at this point. Soak/hose again if needed, then wash as you normally would. I hate the perfume-smell of the Biz, so I usually wash a couple of times. I used this process to get mud stains out of my clothes following the infamous Dirt, Sweat, and Gears '09 12-hour
    3. I usually try to dry the chain off as much as possible after I wash it and put some lube on it. There's usually still a little moisture, so it's not perfect, but better than not doing anything.
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio