mtbr member

Mountain Bike Movies?

I searched and found a few, looking for some more recommendations of good mountain bike movies, preferably with some racing content...but I am not that picky.

"Race across the sky" is at the top of my list - what else should be on there?

Looking for some motivation to get my lazy a$$ on the treadmill to get ready for next season!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    http://24-solo.com/
    http://offroadtoathens.com/
    http://www.superhumanmag.com/
    Have fun, this should do for couple hours, before somebody will post more links. It is all more like endurance movies......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I loooove both Offroad to Athens and 24 Solo. I second both of those.
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

mtbr member
    Tread
    ReTread
    Chain Smoke

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    both "Athens" and "24 hour solo" are big early season inspirations

I'm a "she".
    Another vote for 24 Solo. Race Across the Sky is great too.

I got high expectations before watching Off Road to Athens and found myself losing interest half way through -- a little too much politics and most of the riding footage is at the start and the finish (on pavement). Just my 2 cents.
    Inch by inch, I will get there! (See my rides and stuff here.)

mtbr member
    Both those are great and help kill the pain of long trainer hours. I also like Rad. Another place to get race videos is RaceDayRush.com

It's mainly Ontario based trails and events but when you are jonesn for some dirt with 3 feet of snow on the ground it does help

Lusus Naturae
    For non-movies, you can also check out Freecaster.tv and cyclingdirt.org for smaller race clips. Unfortunately they removed the replays of the MTB championships in Australia.

I'm not sure if they're still available, but the NBC Olympics mountain bike race videos were also interesting to watch.

Bike Geek

24 solo

24 solo
    Sessions
    Children of the dirt

http://www.norcalmtb.org/store/index.htm
    RIP AL DAVIS

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Earthed series

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I think Klunkerz is good.

Ride Good or Eat Wood
    For inspiration The Collective and Roam....... Seasons okay but not as good as the first two IMO.
    "Though my life is changing fast,
    My roots are planted in the past,
    Who I am, is who I want to be
    "

Just Ride.
    Is there anywhere to watch events from the Olympics in the past? Especially Sydney?

Metalheadbikerider

Seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BTLS
    I searched and found a few, looking for some more recommendations of good mountain bike movies, preferably with some racing content...but I am not that picky.

"Race across the sky" is at the top of my list - what else should be on there?

Looking for some motivation to get my lazy a$$ on the treadmill to get ready for next season!
    Awesome documentary'ish style movie. If you like to see all types of mtb'ing done in style, immediately pick up The Collective and ROAM as well. All three are done by the same group, but none are pure XC type stuff. There are some killer singletrack sections though. Dudes are faaaaaast.
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Is "Race Across the Sky" a combination of the webcasts from this years race? I watched those and thought they were pretty weak other than seeing Lance ride in on a flat tire.

mtbr member
    Race Across the Sky was released in theaters earlier this year. Was great to a see an mtb movie on the large screen. Mostly about Lance but they do focus on a couple of other riders here and there. Well worth seeing when it comes out on dvd.
    Before you buy anything online, send Bob at bikerbob.com an email! Best online retailer!

My bike/ race Blog