mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Mamasita for racing

I tried this in the salsa forum and got no response. I'm guessing its because I didn't ask about a horsethief, el mariachi or mukluk no one felt the need to respond. I like hard tails and racing takes a tole on the frames so I try to find better aluminum frames. Has anyone raced one of the newer white ones? If so how was it and does it build up light? It will be 1x10 and I have xtr and xt parts with some arch/240 wheels, which will get re-laced with some crest rims next season. Thanks for any info you can give.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I do not have one, but it looks like a great frame. It has all the right stuff for me: PF30 Crankset compatible, tapered headtube, light and stiff. Price is pretty good too.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

CB2
    Jam Econo
    A friend of mine races one and would get a second if the shop we ride for was a Salsa dealer. So I guess he likes it enough to want 2 (one set up SS the other geared). He's hella fast.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I was able to get one response from the salsa forum and what I got was that it was very light and VERY stiff which sounds good to me for a race bike! Also, I don't have to convert my rear hub.

mtbr member
    It'll be awesome. Build it up and post pics!

mtbr member
    I was going to get one last year for my race bike. It looks like a really nice hardtail. But I ended up getting a Tomac Flint 29r becasue it had a reguler BB. I just don't like the press fit BBs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I wish I could go and build one. I have to wait one more season before I get a new frame. Wife's orders.