mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Latest favorite compression shorts/bibs with chamois

Folks,

I'd really dig hearing from any of ya'll that have profusely positive proclivities about your
    chamois-happy compression shorts that you train & race in. Any latest and greatest?

I've done worn out my 3 pairs of 2XU Tri shorts, and I'm looking for a pair or two or three to
    replace them. This season I'm mainly doing 15-27 mi XC races, but also a few ~50 mi enduros,
    along with bunch of fun AM stuff; so, the race/enduro shorts would be all I wear over
    my vitals (of course), but I'll layer "baggies" over for the AM stuff.
    (I've been using the 2XUs for all applications, and sometimes using just Izumi and Zoic liners underneath
    baggies.)

Thanks for any feedback and recommendations.
    Last edited by bisicklay; 02-15-2013 at 07:46 PM.

I'd rather be riding
    My team bibs are primals and I really like them. I've had other chamois but I prefer something a little thicker and more cushiony like the primals.

mtbr member
    I keep going back to the pearl izumi PRO IN-R-COOL bibs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zippinveedub View Post
    My team bibs are primals and I really like them. I've had other chamois but I prefer something a little thicker and more cushiony like the primals.
    Thanks. Any idea what model those Primals are?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Assos uno or Mille. They are a littel pricey but feel so good.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    +1 for Assos, I don't want to like them due to $$$$, but they are truly the best. I've had some bibs for 3 years in my rotation that are still going strong.

Plus, if guys see you decked out in Assos stuff they instantly assume your FAST.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Good to hear. Maybe I'll grab those for my next pair.

One of my training partners suggested the Primal Evo Corsa, as it's what he races short & enduro XC in, so I snagged a pair for $100. So far, they're perfect for me, at 155 lbs, a medium; the compression is perfectly supportive, and the cham wraps as it should.

Let me get a few races in, then I'll leave some real feedback... Sugar Hill and Tuscarora coming up fast!