Thread: jersey sag

clk
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012

jersey sag

Does anyone know how to keep the back of your Jersey from sagging so much, when the back pockets have tools and such in them?

spec4life???..smh...
    buy smaller jerseys. . .

ups and downs
    ...or smaller tools and such. If you're carrying things that big you might want to Velcro or tape them to the bottom of the seat instead and just keep the things you need to reach while on the bike in the jersey pockets.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    You need a "race fit" or "pro fit" type jersey. Usually the more affordable jerseys seem to sag, a have a few that do, but never use them to carry anything in the pockets. When you go to purchase a jersey, look for jerseys with a more stretchy fabric.

mtbr member
    I hate when this happens. Especially in Summer when you need to carry extra bottle. Tight jersey is the fix.
    Comas aren't as fun as riding your bike, so wear a Helmet.

I'd rather be riding
    I struggle with this as well. I'm tall lanky with oddly broad shoulders and normally have to wear a large for length and shoulder room but it always sags a bit in the back.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Easily solved. you just need to trade your bike for the right Assos jersey:

Our top of the range short sleeve jersey, SS.13 is composed of five different, lightweight and highly breathable fabrics, integrated into a 13-panel design. SS.13 features an ASSOS patented, breathable, "3D senso mesh", stabilization panel on the back. This non-stretch panel enables the jersey to fit your body perfectly and always stay in place, both in the riding position, and when the rear pockets are fully loaded...

mtbr member
    Cycling tops are made from different fabrics. The lycra ones tend to be very stretchy so they're worth avoiding if you don't want the pockets to sag.

Something like the Giordana short sleeve jerseys aren't that stretchy. A full zip short sleeve jersey in a tight fit should be ok. That's who my cycling club's jerseys are made by and those don't sag much.

Classic short sleeve jersey | Giordana

The best solution is to try and carry heavy items such as tools on the bike if possible. A small bag under the saddle and a mini pump mounted beneath the bottle cage bosses is more convenient than using jersey pockets. It also means that you're not going to be injured by landing on the hard metal objects in your pockets if you crash.

clk
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks. Mine is the Lycra material so I think thats the cause