mtbr member

If you follow Pro XC mountain biking, where do you get your news?

Looking for a good source of up to date news on Pro MTB races. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Race Reports, PreRide Reports, and General Rambling:

www.roostersbikersedge.com
    http://www.ENVEcomposites.com

nya
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brentos View Post
    Looking for a good source of up to date news on Pro MTB races. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    cyclingnews, www.uci.ch and czech mtb news portal mtbs and facebook/twitter profiles of the top riders also

I wish I have time to put all the news on my website, maybe in future
    XCO results, races, riders etc http://mtbcrosscountry.com

gearing ratios calculator http://gears.mtbcrosscountry.com

I'd rather be riding
    I second the Facebook and twitter feeds of pros. Also red bull tv to watch during the season.

ups and downs
    Cyclingdirt.org does a good job of covering North American XC race series. Red Bull will be covering World Cup XCO live again this year. Maybe this year they will keep the women's races for replay, last year they must have decided that if you didn't get up at 2AM to watch the women's XCO races live, no one wanted to see them at a more sensible time of day.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

spec4life???..smh...
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Cyclingdirt.org use to do a good job of covering North American XC race series before they got rid of Colt.
    FIFY....

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I was wondering what happened to Cyclingdirt.org...?
    That used to be a great site, that I would check out daily!
    Now it is hardly worth going to at all

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Red Bull TV and/or extreme.com will actually do live streams of the World Cup races. I watched all of them last year and really enjoyed it.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Redbull!! +1 Excellent coverage!

ups and downs
    Colt started cyclingdirt.org, but I think he either has someone else running it or he sold it, I notice he doesn't do anything on it now and his dad Dave McElwaine (trailwatch.net photography) isn't contributing photos now. And from his Twitter feed which changed from cyclingdirt.org to Colt McElwaine, he's racing mountain bikes himself now. He's also married now, so maybe his wife didn't like his fascination with Emily Batty. :-D

FasCat Coaching
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Colt started cyclingdirt.org, but I think he either has someone else running it or he sold it, I notice he doesn't do anything on it now and his dad Dave McElwaine (trailwatch.net photography) isn't contributing photos now. And from his Twitter feed which changed from cyclingdirt.org to Colt McElwaine, he's racing mountain bikes himself now. He's also married now, so maybe his wife didn't like his fascination with Emily Batty. :-D
    Whomever was the head of the group that ran cyclingdirt website and others decided to change directions from what I gather. Colt wasn't on board with the new directions and decided to leave the site. It's been crap ever since. I don't even have it bookmarked anymore.

I like the Cycling News & Race Results | Cyclingnews.com site. Been good at keeping updated regularly and some good overseas news....
    FasCat Coaching
    Personalized Coaching for All Cyclists

ups and downs
    Found this blurb on the Cyclingdirt Facebook page, it looks like it was bought up.

Company Overview

In the time that CyclingDirt has been a member of the Flocasts family we have grown from a small grassroots project to the worlds leading provider for video coverage of Cyclocross and Mountain Bike racing, news, interviews, tech, and features. Our mission is simple: If it's good for the community, it's good for us. We believe that this is the best sport in the world and we intend to convert as many people to our way of thinking as possible.

Flocasts is an online sports media and technology company. Flocasts specializes in the development of web platform technologies that allow for people to broadcast video and create niche interest communities. Other specialties include non-traditional digital advertising campaigns for companies, and Live Broadcasting production. Simply stated, we want to connect people through their common interests via video.

spec4life???..smh...
    dirtwire.tv is a new grassroots site run by Thom Parsons I believe who use to do alot for cyclingdirt . . . they did a good job with cyclocross, but i dont know if they will cover mtb

nya
    mtbr member
    Just finished beta version of top riders' facebook/twitter feed, for those who don't use those and still wanna know what those guys say: About - MTBCrossCountry
    XCO results, races, riders etc http://mtbcrosscountry.com

gearing ratios calculator http://gears.mtbcrosscountry.com