Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I got a 1st today, good day!

813 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Power Meter City 
#1 ·
It started out moist and chilly, but warm enough for 'summer kit' with arm-warmers and full gloves. I've been feeling a little down on power this season so I played it more safe, just hung with the top 3 after the start, moved into 2nd about halfway through the 1st lap (of 3), and then hung with the leader waiting to make a move, I got up alongside a couple of times, but didn't have enough room. It started raining really hard 2nd lap, and got colder too, everybody ended up pretty sandy & muddy.
Towards the end of the 2st lap I was feeling confident that if I could get the win, I was feeling good. Then the leaders chain broke!, right in front of me, I almost saw it happen. I'd rather win more properly, but I'll take it. Since I've done all the races in the series I'm sitting a little better in the points, but the series will still be decided in 2 weeks, I've got at least 2nd locked for the series. I was also pleased to get 8th overall. Cat1 35-49, - I'll be aging-up to 50+ next season.
Replace your chain once in a while!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.