mtbr member
    Mar 2009

hydration for springville, 8mi single lap

Im entering my first racing in a week in springville. Its a single lap of 8 miles and im wondering if i should just get a cage/bottle. My only camelbak is a 3l which isn't light even without water. Just wondering since in 8 miles i really dont drink alot of water. Seems it might be easier to ride aggressive without a pack on my back.

any good cage/bottle combos that dont rattle and will stay put in down hill situations? Thanks alot

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Cage and a small bottle will be sufficient! Your LBS will be able to supply something suitable!

XC rider
    I agree, get a good cage throw an extra bottle in your back pocket just in case. There is pleanty of time to drink on the flat fireroad sections and during the long climbs. Have fun and see you there. My name is Gary, I'll be on the black single speed rig in a Tri-sport kit. I'm hoping it rains next week, that will make the course perfect. Enjoy the race and besure to stay for the post race BBQ.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaboot
    I agree, get a good cage throw an extra bottle in your back pocket just in case. There is pleanty of time to drink on the flat fireroad sections and during the long climbs. Have fun and see you there. My name is Gary, I'll be on the black single speed rig in a Tri-sport kit. I'm hoping it rains next week, that will make the course perfect. Enjoy the race and besure to stay for the post race BBQ.
    Thanks Gary. Im running a single speed too! I'll be in the beginners class though, figured i should do one lap my first race since the single speed class is two laps. Ok so negative on massive camelbak then. Cage and Bottle it is!

Thanks guys.