Total Goober
    Sep 2009

How to retain more water?

Anybody have suggestions on how to retain more water? I just can't seem to get hydrated.

I've toyed with water consumption levels, along with sodium. I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, but that's not gonna change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

AZ
    banned
    How much water do you consume per day ? Sodium ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    why would you want to "retain" water?

hydration level is easy to tell by the color/frequency of your pee (assuming you aren't taking a ton of vitamins)

if you drink a few water bottles (like the ones used for cycling) a day you should be well hydrated.

you can also be short on "salts". when i link a few hard days in the heat together i have to add electrolytes. a good one is Elete. this is a separate problem though, for me the symptoms are low blood pressure and dizziness when standing up from a seated position.
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I take in .5 to 1.5 gallons a day.

I usually pee clear, but always have a dry throat, skin, and chapped lips (in the winter). I also feel a little more run down when I'm dehydrated.

I just bought some electrolyte tabs yesterday.

AZ
    banned
    Replacing electrolytes is a great start , I aim for 3 liters a day minimum .

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve in CO
    I take in .5 to 1.5 gallons a day.

I usually pee clear, but always have a dry throat, skin, and chapped lips (in the winter). I also feel a little more run down when I'm dehydrated.

I just bought some electrolyte tabs yesterday.
    dry skin and lips is not due to hydration. it is due to lack of humidity. try using a humidifier. in places where people use wood burning stoves they use a cast iron humidifier to moisten the air.
    My wife's website....
    Allison Mann

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I've got a humidifier hooked up to my furnace, so I was hoping it was something else. Maybe I'll throw one in my room. Seems like it affects me more than other people, though...

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    take in 2 ounces per kg of body weight or ~ 1 ounce per pound daily, add your exercise water loss on top of this when you do rides or work out, I also recommend a salt lick.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    You need than just sodium, you need potassium and magnesium to it should then help with the uptake of water.

Metatone contains all 3 + B6 + tad of glucose, used as a after cold pick you up available in Boots here, i drop a capful into water while training or just feeling ran down.