Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    I have 2 mtn bikes, 1 for winter training and on the trainer. The other is my all out race bike that I train with in the summer and I have a light set of race wheels that I save for race day. I race only endurance races so to train and race on the bike you are going to spend over 12 hrs on is pretty important.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I seem like I am in the minority. I do most of my training on the road using my road bike with PowerTap wheels and then my racing on my Cannondale Flash 29'er Hard Tail.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I don't race any longer but I do all the wrenching on my son's bikes. He races a 29 HT and has 3 sets of wheels, one a heavier training set, one lite set of Crest's, and a little stronger set for less smooth courses. Varies his training doing a lot of longer road in winter on his road bike. A FS rig would be nice if we could afford it but between race fees, travel to get to the events and up keep on his bike and gear...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yup, same bike. All road rides are done on a TT bike as well...no road bike. Part thrifty and full believer in the engine.

AZ
    banned
    Most training on a road bike for purposes of convenience and targeting HR zones.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I bought a nice new set of carbon wheels last year. I had planned to use the new wheels for racing and use my original wheels for training. I realized how much I prefer riding with the nicer wheels and just use them all year round now.

Maybe I'm just not disciplined enough, but I pick the wheels / bike I have the most fun on for the type of riding I'm planning on doing....

mtbr member
    I race & train on two separate bikes, but they're set up nearly idendically (same geometry & contact points). I like having a backup if needed and it's good for my peace of mind when I'm pressed for time and have to slack on cleaning after a training ride.
    2014 Seven Ti geared bike (in the womb!)
    2012 Seven Ti SS
    2012 Seven Steel SS w/rigid fork

mtbr member
    I have bikes dedicated strictly for racing only and then other bikes for fun and leisure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Same bike. I like to ride my bling and I enjoy tinkering with the bike. But dependent also on the weather, mainly in the winter. I try to stay off rain soaked trails so I do have a roadie and MTB cruiser with racks for carrying saddle bags and extra weight. Occasionally my wife and I get the tandem out. It's all about mixing it up. Another weight training exercise is wearing ankle weights while on the spin cycle. I will build some serious calf muscles.
    Unicoi29

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2