mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Help Me Sort This BS

Freakin’ salt water?!?! Seriously???? Someone tried to sell me this stuff, and when I looked at the ingredients I was drop jawed.

http://www.teamasea.com/

Huckin' trails
    I got plenty of salt water right in front of my house if you want
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    Well, they don't outsource according to their website!

That cracked me up, seriously.
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Nothing like gaining an edge on your opponent and slowing down the aging process by sucking down the nasty water that surrounds my home. I always ask myself why I was not the one to come up with these gimmicks. I think one of my favorites is the rubber bracelet with a hologram on it that claims to improve balance.

mtbr member
    Have a look through the comments section on this article (Click on the older comments link to view all 380 comments about it.)

http://mlmblog.net/site/2010/02/asea-scam.html

The interesting thing about this product is how it's sold. The sales model appears to be along the lines of a pyramid scheme. ASEA is a MLM (multi level marketing) company. I tried doing a few searches to find places where you can actually buy it online and nowhere at all seems to stock it. You have to buy it through a member/ distributor, rather than from any of the normal shops where you'd expect to buy a health product or bottled water which is very suspicious.

http://www.teamasea.com/find.aspx

http://www.bicycle.net/2010/product-review-asea

"So then you ask, what is ASEA? Well, ASEA is the greatest supplement to come along to boost sports performance in the history of sports performance. And we know what you are thinking; “I have heard that before.” So have we, and that is why we were complete and total skeptics when we were first told about ASEA. The old too good to be true seemed to fit the claims that ASEA was making. But guess what? The claims are fact. The product works, and in both the lab, and on the bike, ASEA exceeds all expectations. With huge increases in VO2max and lactic acid flushing by 5 to 10%.
    So how has ASEA worked out for Bicycle.net? Well, I can honestly say that I am completely amazed by the improvements that I have been able to make in not only my during the race recovery, but also my overnight recovery. I am a life long CAT4 criterium racer who at best has been a middle of the pack, hang on for your life, hope to get my heart rate down and finish racer. But not any more. I am now able to help dictate the speed and pace of a race.
    There is this hill climb I do on a weekly basis in which my best time ever before ASEA was 17 minutes flat. After taking ASEA I was able to lower my PR on the climb to 15 minutes and 20 seconds. And without feeling as if I put out any more effort than before. I had friends who I usually ride with me ask what I was taking because I was a different rider.
    bicycle.net (Asea seller).

The picture below is the label ingredients according to the website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Me Sort This BS-asea-label.jpg  

Last edited by WR304; 07-21-2011 at 01:44 PM.