mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Guts N Glory 12hr Race May 28th in Comfort, TX.

It's back and it's FREE. Just pay land use fee of $10. Come check it out in Comfort, TX on May 28th. Loads of elevation change and some of the most fun and flowiest singletrack TX has to offer.

https://sites.google.com/site/gutsnglory2011/

Cross posted from the endurance forum just in case...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    After riding the entire trail for the first time at the Miles of DisComfort Marathon Race, I couldn't imagine riding this trail at night. Yikes!

Sounds like a blast though. I would like to get a 12hr Solo Race under my belt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scot785
    After riding the entire trail for the first time at the Miles of DisComfort Marathon Race, I couldn't imagine riding this trail at night. Yikes!
    Ditto. I could barely find the trail through that rock ledge/garden during the day, much less at night! Looks like only 1 lap will require lights though, and with the power of lights these days it shouldn't be so bad. Only 24 mi laps, wonder which 2 are left out.

Extremely fun course though! Unfortunately my calendar will be very busy at that time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Bump!

You can RSVP on our Facebook page here:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=159525120767601

Remember, this is FREE with an "F"!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scot785

Sounds like a blast though. I would like to get a 12hr Solo Race under my belt.
    Shouldn't be a problem. Sunset will be well after 8 p.m.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mudge
    Shouldn't be a problem. Sunset will be well after 8 p.m.
    Keep in mind you can go out for the last lap until 7:59 PM and a full lap will take the local pros almost 2 hours at XC race pace, so plan on bringing the lights if you'd like to go to the bitter, ugly end (as you should). If we have guys/gals going out near the ride's end, we could be waiting for finishers until 11pm. Fortunately the kegs should keep people company as they wait

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jd1072
    Keep in mind you can go out for the last lap until 7:59 PM and a full lap will take the local pros almost 2 hours at XC race pace, so plan on bringing the lights if you'd like to go to the bitter, ugly end (as you should). If we have guys/gals going out near the ride's end, we could be waiting for finishers until 11pm. Fortunately the kegs should keep people company as they wait
    C'mon, seriously, you think someone is going to want to turn your race into a 14 hour event by soldiering on to the bitter, ugly end... heading out for one more lap at 07:59?

FWIW, not ragging on your event, I was trying to help. Earlier comments made it seem that folks wouldn't show if they knew they'd be on your trail at night and I was pointing out they shouldn't expect to be out after dark, so come join the fun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mudge
    C'mon, seriously, you think someone is going to want to turn your race into a 14 hour event by soldiering on to the bitter, ugly end... heading out for one more lap at 07:59?

FWIW, not ragging on your event, I was trying to help. Earlier comments made it seem that folks wouldn't show if they knew they'd be on your trail at night and I was pointing out they shouldn't expect to be out after dark, so come join the fun.

14 hours is 10 hours shorter than a 24 hour event, so think of it as an "short" training ride

I'll be racing the event as well as promoting it, and you can bet your cookies if I finish my final lap just before 8pm, I'll be going out for another and expect the same from some of the dedicated endurance racers in the area (though I typically race XC and this is my first 12 hour solo event). I appreciate the offer to help (no offense taken). I know Scot785 from the local racing scene and will be heckling him and other riders to keep going to the bitter end! You are more than welcome to come out - you don't have to go until the end (unless you've got your eye on that fancy trophy).

Members who have read this thread: 0