Just me sharing my thoughts...

Last week I rode my regular Saturday AM ride - 2-3 out/back runs at a local park. I rarely ride it less than twice and do 3 runs quite often. Last week, I was juiced up just enough that on my way down for the third time, I analyzed my condition and figured why not try a 4th round.

I did a 4th round and was honestly amazed at quickly my body went south - I did the full round, but was like way thrashed at the end. Actually had to reconsider driving home, but I had no alternate other than to just sit there.

Having trained hard in other sports, I know me and when I've broken new ground and I did that day. Not looking for props, just making a general statement of what worked for me.

Now there's another climb I do that's brutal. I do the loop in about 55 minutes when fresh. I know there's growth to be had from adding a second loop, but I honestly don't want to do it. I also know I'm ultimately the "looser" from not taking up the challenge (my only excuse for riding). I'm going to do it.

We have to find those things that take us from our comfort zones. Complacency is our greatest weakness. Whether your challenge is to be centered on the podium or to do better and continually improve personally, pushing is the only way.

I, for one, don't ride for casual enjoyment. Sure I'll ride with folks I know from time to time and it is pleasant to chat and enjoy company. But 95% of the time, it's me solo and I have goals (fitness and mental).

Have a nice day.