mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Gripshifts with double cranks

So for my new build for the upcoming season (ill post the final product soon ) I have decided to run XO gripshifts! My question is, I am also running a SRAM XX double crank and I am not sure how to limit the shifters so I dont accidentally shift in to my non-existent big ring.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

LA CHÈVRE
    The limits are on the derailleur, not the shifter, set them and you're good to go! In fact, most people who have been running double cranks for years have prefered Grip Shifts, the 'in-between' clicks of the front shifter lets you run any gear combo with no chain rub on the front derailleur.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    ^^ What he said.

I've finally got a bike w/ a 2 ring crankset and XO grip shifters, and I'm blown away by how fast the shifting is! The ability to trim the front derailleur is nice too.

Tire Design & Development Engineer. The opinions expressed in this forum are solely my own.

Big ring = No chainsuck
    Essentially you are setting the dérailleur and shifter up like you are running a small ring and a middle ring. Just limit what would be the big ring, and use the bottom 2/3s of the shifter. Low limit screws are set the same as with a standard crank.

Also, I ran into this using an XTR front D, if you have a crank with a very low Q factor (like the SBC double), you may have to switch the high limit screw out with a longer one from a different der. model. The XTR screws may not be long enough.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes...
    That way, when you criticize him you're a mile away and you have his shoes.