The Missing
    May 2007

good books for skills and training ?

I just finished reading a book by Ned Overand and was surprised to learn a few things in there, simple read with some great pointers in there

anyone else come across any skill set books that helped them as a rider or in training ?

I do recommend this book, got it for 5 bucks off ebay a little dated in some respects but some good reading!

g3h6o3
    New edition :
    http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Moun...dp_ob_title_bk

Read the 1st one and it's a good reference book I need to buy for going back to every often, when bad habits set in.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil
    New edition :
    http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Moun...dp_ob_title_bk

Read the 1st one and it's a good reference book I need to buy for going back to every often, when bad habits set in.
    Completely agree. The second edition is even better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Another vote for Mastering Mountain Bike Skills.

Also, a friend just lent me this book:

Definitely a period piece (we're talking rigid forks) but actually has some good tips.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I've got mastering mountain bike skills, pretty good read. Good tips about racing too, but not like the excerpt of ned's book someone posted about climbing the steep and technical.

g3h6o3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioteknik
    I've got mastering mountain bike skills, pretty good read. Good tips about racing too, but not like the excerpt of ned's book someone posted about climbing the steep and technical.
    Do you have that excerpt? I'm curious
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    I have both Ned's book and the Lopes Mastering MB Skills book. I prefer Ned's for XC racers, but the Lopes book gives some good stuff (more downhillish stuff) not in Ned's, so Lopes' book is more comprehensive in my view. Both are linked here to Amazon:
    <iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=millenncyclingll&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=07360837 15&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF &bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    <iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=millenncyclingll&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=15795408 13&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF &bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Last edited by millennium; 06-16-2010 at 06:39 PM.
    -

Addictive website!

TwoWheelTweets.com

All of cycling's twitter tweets in one place!

-

mtbr member
    +1 for comments by millenium. I have both books as well and have found great tips in both. Ned's book gives great advice on all aspects of XC racing and riding, and Ned's just such a cool guy. I found the cornering and descending tips in Mastering MB Skills to be exceptionally helpful for me, as those are two of my weak points.

Hard to go wrong learning anything from Overend or Lopes.
    Team Bikeman.com
    Life is like riding a bicycle.
    To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
    -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0